3 pt question for GC owners

/ 3 pt question for GC owners #1  

chuckd1277

Bronze Member
I have been pondering what kind of tractor to get and continue to come back to the GC's. This will be my first CUT/SCUT and I am still learning about what to look for in these machines. The latest thing that I am researching is the 3 pt hitch and control. I have read and somewhat understand the difference between position control and 1/4 inch but what is the auto return control on the Massey? Again, this will be my first real tractor and experience with the 3 pt hitch so its not like I will miss position control since I've never had it (it looks like position control is the preferred option). The only thing I see myself using on the 3 pt hitch would be a york rake and/or a box blade. I don't foresee needing a tiller or any kind of rear mount mower. Thanks for any help!

/ 3 pt question for GC owners #2  
Regarding the "Controls: Auto return" I can find no mention of it in the GC2600 manual but I do see it mentioned as a selling feature in the "overview" section of advertisements for the tractors. I assume this feature refers to the 3 point lever control automatically returning to the neutral position after the implement has fully raised or fully dropped. My 2600's lever wasn't adjusted properly when I received it therefore this feature was unknown to me until I played around with the tension adjustments a bit which enabled this feature. I find it most useful when raising the implement you simply pull the lever back then let go, as the hitch approaches it's highest point the lever slowly disengages automatically and returns to the neutral position. I don't like it when dropping the hitch as I prefer the lever to stay down so my, primary implement, boxblade will float as apposed sitting at a fixed level or height.

/ 3 pt question for GC owners
Thanks Jaylegger, I found the label of "auto return" in the spec sheet at the back of the brochure for the GC series. It is just something that I have not seen before and wasn't sure how it compared to the ones that I have seen. I will have to check with the dealer, I hope there is a float option for the rear implements.

/ 3 pt question for GC owners #4  
The rear hitch will float, whether you hold the lever down by hand or it stays down on it's own will be dependent on how the linkage is adjusted.