Loader help please with my beast

/ help please with my beast #1  

josam santana

Bronze Member
Tractor
mf240 with a case 480 frame and front bucket that i have no idea what it is
i have an mf 240 on a case 480ck frame. i took off the front loader because the two cylinders were shooting out fluid how can i fix this. i really need to use the loader for my future work on the ranch. i have a gannon and it seems to be working fine for now. please help .

Attachments

• Picture 181.jpg
    Picture 181.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Picture 139.jpg
    Picture 139.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Picture 240.jpg
    Picture 240.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 140.jpg
    Picture 140.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 169
   / help please with my beast #2  
From what I can see, it would appear the cylinders have been setting with the glands unscrewed for some time. Need to take the cylinders off the loader, pull the rods out and clean them out real good. You probably need to take them to your local hydraulic shop and get new seals and o-rings. Once they are spotless inside, put them back together. You might want to let a hydraulic shop do all of this for you if you have no experience. Nice looking rig you have there.

Kim

/ help please with my beast
thank you for the compliment on my beast. i have about 5 monthes experiance on tractors because ive owned this thing for 5 monthes. thank you for your advice i will take care of it today. oh one more thing, when the bucket was attatchd to the tractor before it started spewing out the fluid , it would raise up real slow no matter how much gas i gave it. do u think i should get an auxilury pump put in just for the front loader? sorry if im turning into a pain in the azz. thanx so very much.

thank you for the compliment on my beast. i have about 5 monthes experiance on tractors because ive owned this thing for 5 monthes. thank you for your advice i will take care of it today. oh one more thing, when the bucket was attatchd to the tractor before it started spewing out the fluid , it would raise up real slow no matter how much gas i gave it. do u think i should get an auxilury pump put in just for the front loader? sorry if im turning into a pain in the azz. thanx so very much.

/ help please with my beast #5  
Sounds like u were just bypassing in the cylinders. once u get them fixed u should b ok but like kim said make shure they are good and clean before going back together.

thank you very much. this forum is freakin great. i look forward to hopfully know enough someday to help others just as you all have. thanx again. take care and stay dry.

/ help please with my beast #7  
I would check the trans/hdy fluid as well to make sure there's no water in there. With those cylinders leaking badly like that, if it got rained on water could easily get into the hyd. system. That is a nice looking machine too, I like the all black look!!

thats true im gonna check that next. thank you for the advice and the beast thanks you for the compliment. i bought this beast for 2 grand and its my first tractor . i wish i could have gotten a deere instead i got a ferggie. thanx kebo.

/ help please with my beast #9  
Just a suggestion when working with hydraulic the clearances are tight keep the ends of the fittings covered with some thing and out of the dirt. wrap then with a rag and electrical tape to keep the dirt out.

the packing glands are screwed out of the cylinders in the ground and on the
the one on the left side view.

Dirt = enemy of hydraulics

tom

right on tom thanx a million bro. i know what ive been doing wrong now. i live in the high dessert and there is a sh-t load of dirt not much grass. lol needless to say i will be following ur advice in the very near future. its like a brotherhood in here . i love it . thanx to all