Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300 #1  

bstnh1

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
Hey guys! Great forums with lots of answers and idea. I have a question I couldn't find any discussion on. What hydraulic fluid do you folks use in the rear end of a GC2300? I'm getting ready to change it and don't have any idea what the best one is.

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300 #2  
Transmission/Hydraulic Oil. Massey's Permatran is a great oil.

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300 #3  
There's been lots of discussions here on TBN just do a search and you'll find many posts on this subject.Larry

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300 #4  
Permatran is the minimum ( don't get the discount/house brand "equivalent to...").
Kubota SUDT if you don't mind spending the extra.

jmo

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300 #5  
I used NAPA "equivalent to..." You might be able to save some $ that way.

Just have a BIG tray/pan ready to drain into, or be prepared to replace fill plug to stop draining while you empty your 1-gallon drain pan (not that hard or messy to do). There's quite a lot of fluid in there! Don't forget to remove left rear tire so you can pull out the suction screen for cleaning/inspection.:thumbsup: (Apologies if you knew about that already!)

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300 #6  
:thumbsup:I agree with MFRED and DMW. Permatran will be the best and i found this out the hard way. I changed the hydro oil in a MF593 and used the cheap stuff only to find all of the hydraulics quit working, 3pt lift, breaks, and loader. Changed the oil again and used Perm. and everything started working again. I will NOT use anything else but the oil recomended for MF.

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300 #7  
I suggest the Amsoil synthetic. Many of us are using it.

If you don't want to spend the extra money for that, I recommend the Permatran. It is a very good product.

I experienced noticeably lower operating temperatures after switching from Mobil 424 to Permatran in my fairway mower.

Some 2300 series owners have reported minor problems after using less expensive products, but some have had no issues.

/ Which hydraulic oil for GC 2300
Thanks for all the good info! Guess I'll go the safe route and go with Massey's Permatran rather than taking a chance.