Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #1  
Tractor
MF 1533 Hydrostatic c/w FEL - Quick Attach Bucket & Forks
Has anyone had problems with sticking hydrostatic pedals on their 1500 & 1600 series tractors. It happens when the tractor is under load, such as pushing into a dirt pile with the loader or driving up an incline. You have to be ready to hit the reverse pedal to stop pushing.
I just had my 1533 to my dealer for a check over before winter. I talked to the mechanic that worked on my tractor and he says he lubricated the cables and linkages but everything seems just fine. He also said the sticking is just a delay in the hydraulics and is normal. I explained to him, the delay, if that is what it is, is pretty excessive. It was more like, maybe there was springs or something that are too light, in the valve body.
Anyway, while I was loading the tractor onto my flat deck trailer to take it home, the tractor nearly loaded itself. Once it was on the ramps and going up hill, I could take my foot off the forward pedal and it just kept going until it was nearly loaded and I hit the reverse pedal to stop the tractor. The mechanic just happened to be outside working on a Peterbuilt, so I called him over and reloaded the tractor to show him what it was actually doing. He was a little dumb founded and a speechless, anyway he said he was going to search Massey Ferguson websites, etc. for any data on this problem.
Any info that I can take to my dealer, would be appreciated. This problem could be an issue with both 1500 and 1600 series tractors, as they use the same hydrostatic transmission.

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #2  
Is there a spring detent & neutral adjustment procedure? That should be done first, then I think there is a pivot underneath that doesn't have a grease fitting. It needs to be disassembled, cleaned and lubed.

Tractor will center itself while just driving around, but under a load the hydraulic resistance and sticky pivot are too much.

Nobody likes to do things twice, that's how I found out.

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533
Thanks for the reply
I know about the pivot point with out the grease fitting and when I took the tractor to the dealer, we had talked about what was to be lubed and how. This pivot was mentioned and was to be dissasembled, cleaned and lubed, as you stated. So I would think and hope it was done.

In regards to the detent adjustment, I don't know if anything was done. I kind of doubt it, because all we had talked about, was the lubricating of cables, linkages, etc.

The tractor has been doing this from day one, so I kind of wonder about the pivot lubrication and when I bought it, it only had a few hours on it.

When it first did it, I was putting some freight onto a loading dock, with the forks and there was a incline to the dock and when I took my foot off the forward pedal, it wasn't stopping. Being new with the tractor, it scared the crap out of me, I was fumbling around trying to figure out what to do, I hit the brakes but realized after all I had to do was tap the reverse pedal. I didn't hit anything but it was close, now that I now what to do, it's not a big deal. But anyone new getting on the tractor could have the same scare.

I will have to bring it up to my dealer, thanks again

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #4  
My 1635 has the same problem just like your, mechanic looked at it and slacked the cable, but still sticks under load just like your.
Did you ever get it repaired?

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #5  
My 2310 also does this. I just live with it, knowing it can happen, and keep my foot ready to tap the go-pedal in the opposite direction. (It will also do this in reverse.)

I suspect this issue may be inherent with hydrostatic drives, though mine seems to have gotten better with age. It also makes a huge difference when the oil's still cool; much less of a problem once it's fully warmed up. It would be nice to know if anyone has ever really discovered the cause of this and a possible solution. In the meantime, I just keep myself ready for it. :(

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #6  
My sticks more as the load increases to the point I have to hit the other peddle and ride the brake. Friday I moved a lot of soil and found it so hazardous when working other vehicles and backing up near building , nearly hit my garage. I have only 10 hrs on my 1635. I suspect it is like others here have claimed the hydro trans needs replaced, something to do with the pump? I think.

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #7  
Mine is sticking sometimes too. I have found that it does not seem to be as bad if I work in low range versions mid range. It would be nice if anyone has a solution.

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #8  
My peddle sticks with any load or driving range, I actually have 175 hours on it and warranty is off it now as I've had it for a few years, it can be a real safety hazard at times.

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #9  
I have learned to watch mine. It would be nice if anyone knew about it. I tightened my return spring a little but that didn't seem to help.

/ Sticking Hydrostatic Pedals MF1533 #10  
Any chance of adding some grease zerks and maybe some return springs.

Note: I'm unfamiliar with your tractor but not unfamiliar with your problem.