265 Hydraulic problem

/ 265 Hydraulic problem #1  

dieselwiezil

Im working on a 265 that he lift arms are not working correctly. The will not raise when you pull the lever. I really think the problems has to do with the way the valve are oriented. Basically what I need to know is how do all the different levers need to be arranged to make the 3pt hyd work. If you have the valve pulled back to where they should raise, they will raise about an inch and stop but then if you let it sit running for 15-30mins they will raise up a little bit. I really dont think there is an issue as far as the pump goes, just the way the valves are set. Any IDEAS? Not very familure with MF, but always willing to learn. Also a hyd schematic would be great if anyone has one.

/ 265 Hydraulic problem #2  
You should probably invest in a service manual. Sound like the 3pt linkage needs to be gone through & adjusted. Was any work recently done to this machine? There is a plate on the right hand side that you can remove & run the 3pt pump manually to be sure it's alright.
A little more info & we'll go from there.

/ 265 Hydraulic problem
Thanks, I have a manual on the way.

There was no work done to the tractor, a friend of mine bought it and we have been working together to get it right for him to use on his small farm.

In my past exp. working on skid steers if someone leaves their aux engaged and then none of the rest of their hyd wont work properly to the oil flow path. Im about 99% sure once the manual gets here I will be able to figure it out. Like I said I have no exp. with ag tractors, but I know its all just nuts and bolts, just need a manual to help every now AND then.

/ 265 Hydraulic problem #4  
Have you done the basic.inspect hoses tighten all hyd. hoses,check than re connect disconnect lines?

/ 265 Hydraulic problem
There are no hoses to do that to. This is an internal issue or setting that is the problem.

/ 265 Hydraulic problem #6  
Did you ever get this tractor fixed ? .. needing help with mine and it has a similiar issue.

Im working on a 265 that he lift arms are not working correctly. The will not raise when you pull the lever. I really think the problems has to do with the way the valve are oriented. Basically what I need to know is how do all the different levers need to be arranged to make the 3pt hyd work. If you have the valve pulled back to where they should raise, they will raise about an inch and stop but then if you let it sit running for 15-30mins they will raise up a little bit. I really dont think there is an issue as far as the pump goes, just the way the valves are set. Any IDEAS? Not very familure with MF, but always willing to learn. Also a hyd schematic would be great if anyone has one.

/ 265 Hydraulic problem #7  
G,Day Mr dieselwieazil.
If yo look at the three point linkage ,the toplink where it goes into the lift cover has a rubber boot to keep the dust out peel the boot back and there is a internal nut in there ,it has semicircles machined in to it ,you will know when you see it ,try to pull the top link out and in by hand ,see if there is any slack in there if there is let me know and I will talk you through the setting procedure .
Just anothe quick check put the draft lever in the up position and get someone to help ,you watch the top link for movement with a slasher or something heavy on the linkage and move the POSITION CONTROL lever to TRANSPORT if the toplink comes out more than 1/4 " it needs adjusting.
Happy Days .
Hutch.