Newbie 2400 BH mistake

/ Newbie 2400 BH mistake #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
I wanted to add my york rake this am, so after taking my GC 2410TLB out of my 7' garage, I proceeded to pull the BH pins and start to negotiate the BH out of it's cradle.
Sure, I've only taken it off twice, but after playing with the stick controls for nearly 5 minutes and nothing budging I started to wonder if the BH was twisted somehow and wouldn't drop out.:smiley_aafz: I pulled a little before I noticed my ROPS bar was still down from the storage position and finally realized that what was stopping the BH from moving!:ashamed: I won't make that mistake again!

Considering getting a sander soon but hate spending over $800 for a good one that won't get clogged up.

Patriots already won Thanksgiving day, so now I can relax and watch your teams fight it out!

/ Newbie 2400 BH mistake #2  
I wanted to add my york rake this am, so after taking my GC 2410TLB out of my 7' garage, I proceeded to pull the BH pins and start to negotiate the BH out of it's cradle.
Sure, I've only taken it off twice, but after playing with the stick controls for nearly 5 minutes and nothing budging I started to wonder if the BH was twisted somehow and wouldn't drop out.:smiley_aafz: I pulled a little before I noticed my ROPS bar was still down from the storage position and finally realized that what was stopping the BH from moving!:ashamed: I won't make that mistake again!

You made me giggle with your story as it reminded me of similar things I have done. The most embarassing is probably when I run around for 10 minutes trying to find my glasses which are in my hand the whole time.:laughing:

/ Newbie 2400 BH mistake #3  
PG.
Just consider it another safety latch. ;)

Patriots..hmm I think I heard of them. ;)

/ Newbie 2400 BH mistake #4  
Been there, done that! Now I make a mental note, which seems to be working, to raise the ROPs whenever I'm installing/removing the backhoe. So far, that seems to be working....

OTOH, I need to do the same about the block I put under the BH when it's stored. After maneuvering the tractor into position, bleeding pressure off, and hooking up the hydraulics, it's kinda hard to get it to drop down in to the cradles when that %$@ block of wood's still under it!!:laughing::laughing:

And --I almost hate to admit it, but we seem to be able to share here-- I actually tried last spring to get the tractor into the garage, with the ROPs UP! Oops! Got a little carpentry practice out of that....:D Only time I've ever done that...so far....:ashamed:

/ Newbie 2400 BH mistake #5  
Hey Irving, it sounds to me that with your wood working modifications to your garage, you now can pull your tractor into the garage without lowering the ROPS, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:. Just be sure to line up with the higher notch in your garage, :thumbsup:. KC