Installing AUX light on GC2400

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400 #1  

Gio

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson gc2400
Hi All,

I would like to install a back facing light on my GC2400 before the pending snowfall here in Nebraska. I am not good with Electrical items so i was wondering if anyone can fill me in on a fast simple way to install a rear light.

I was thinking of mounting one (or two) on the ROPS mounted light guards.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

Gio

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400 #2  
just do a search ,, lots of advise:thumbsup:

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400 #3  
Hi All,

I would like to install a back facing light on my GC2400 before the pending snowfall here in Nebraska. I am not good with Electrical items so i was wondering if anyone can fill me in on a fast simple way to install a rear light.

I was thinking of mounting one (or two) on the ROPS mounted light guards.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

Gio

I installed a cig. lighter plug on the back and bought a magnetic light at tractor supply. Works great nice and bright.

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400 #5  
Doesnt your MF have a hidden auxilary wires for lights ? On my kubota, there is a wire connection under seat hidden in wire loom taped over. you never wouldve guessed its there until someone tells you. Not trying to send false hope, but its worth checking into.

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400 #6  
This is what I wrote about lights a few years back on my 2310. I think the wire is the same for the 24xx.

The tractor has a ign. on, 20 amp fused, red with black stripe lead with a female bullet connector at the back center of the tractor. The wire harness under the instrument panel carries the red/black stripe wire. The instrument panel has a hole under the overlay for a switch above the flasher switch. A sharp knife easily cuts the overlay for the switch. The water resistant switch came from TSC but easily available elsewhere. I wired in the switch and ran wire from the female bullet connector up alongside the wiring for the flashing lights. Covered the wiring where it comes out of the fender and into the ROPS with shrink tubing. Attached the lights to the bracket that hold the yellow lights. So there are no holes drilled. It is a simple setup and it will light up the night. The lights are 55 w Hella Optilux 800ff ($14.00 ea. on line) and come with a base that allow the lights be moved in any direction with out tools.

Doug

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400 #7  
Check out this light on bxpanded, looks nice and Harry gets back to everyone fast.

Work Lights

I plan on ordering this very set up this week. I have a GC2300. Anyone running one of these light packages now? Any installation advice?

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400 #8  
Clamp on or magnetic sounds ok - just wire into the headlight switch or directly from the battery thru a toggle switch.

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400
Thanks everyone! As always, this forum has been very helpful. I hope to be more of a contributor down the road when i have knowledge to share.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Gio

/ Installing AUX light on GC2400
Just ordered my set up from Harry at BX. Great guy, set up sounds real easy. Thanks again