GC 2400 Hard Starting

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting
But judging by all the comments here...........mine isn't acting differently than any others.

Soooooooooooooo, I'm gonna do what Ray said...............Make wifey start it from now on:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting #32  
But judging by all the comments here...........mine isn't acting differently than any others.

Soooooooooooooo, I'm gonna do what Ray said...............Make wifey start it from now on:laughing::laughing::laughing:
It's obviously all in the touch ;)

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting #33  
I still don't get the, crank it first, step. :confused:

It has an electric fuel pump. Everything downstream from the pump, should still have fuel in it, even before you turn the key. Once the key is on, the pressure comes up, and it's ready to run.

My manual for the same engine, does not show the crank the engine step. It says to turn the key "on" for a few seconds, which makes sense, so the fuel system can pressurize, but does not list craning the engine.

They do suggest all starts be done with the throttle at 1/2 open. :eek:. That's a little excessive. :confused2:

Don, keep in mind all tractors, and computers, are female. Which explains a lot. :thumbsup:

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting

It has an electric fuel pump. Everything downstream from the pump, should still have fuel in it, even before you turn the key. Once the key is on, the pressure comes up, and it's ready to run.

My manual for the same engine, does not show the crank the engine step. It says to turn the key "on" for a few seconds, which makes sense, so the fuel system can pressurize, but does not list craning the engine.

They do suggest all starts be done with the throttle at 1/2 open. :eek:. That's a little excessive. :confused2:

Don, keep in mind all tractors, and computers, are female. Which explains a lot. :thumbsup:

LMAO:laughing::laughing:

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting

Could have sworn I saw that in the manual, but, I can't find it now.

But it does say to use the glow plugs for 10 to 15 seconds for cold weather starting.(5 to 7 seconds for normal temps)

The tractor started a lot easier today. Outside temp was about 18 last night. I've purchased fuel at a different location, we'll see if it continues to work better.

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting
Update:

5 below zero, Massey won't start. Pulled fuel filter just out of curiousity........fuel gelling even with Power Service in it.:mad:

Sometimes it really sucks to be me.........do things right, and it's still screwed up.:(

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting #37  
Wow Don, that must be horrible fuel down there. You used the power service in the white bottle? You should contact them.....they claim they will pay all costs if you ever have a gelling/freezing with their product, lol.

I'm not sure where you get your fuel, but I've found in the States, I only buy fuel at the big, busy truck stops. Anytime I've gotten fuel at a gas station, i could never get ANY mileage from it?

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting #38  
Update:

5 below zero, Massey won't start. Pulled fuel filter just out of curiousity........fuel gelling even with Power Service in it.:mad:

Sometimes it really sucks to be me.........do things right, and it's still screwed up.:(

I don't use Power Service, but I am sure it normally works. Have you tried contacting them? 1-800-643-9089

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting
I don't use Power Service, but I am sure it normally works. Have you tried contacting them? 1-800-643-9089

Haven't contacted them, and probably won't. I dumped extra in the tank a few minutes ago, grabbed the rops and shook the tractor so hard I brought the right rear wheel off the ground. So I guess I got it mixed good enough.

I'm going to use my 'oil filled radiator style heater' and a blanket to warm the tractor up some, but I'll still need to jump start it..........battery is pretty low now.

/ GC 2400 Hard Starting
Wow Don, that must be horrible fuel down there. You used the power service in the white bottle? You should contact them.....they claim they will pay all costs if you ever have a gelling/freezing with their product, lol.

I'm not sure where you get your fuel, but I've found in the States, I only buy fuel at the big, busy truck stops. Anytime I've gotten fuel at a gas station, i could never get ANY mileage from it?

Nearest truck stop is 13 miles away, and it's just a small one. The place I purchased the fuel at is owned by the local concrete plant/hardware store/lumber company, he puts it in his own trucks, so I figured it would be ok.