Cab for snow throwing (GC2400)

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400)
irvingj, if your tractor ROP fits then a cab that is the same height should also. A quick solution would be four 2X4s. Two mounted to the FEL mounts and two attached (radiator clamps) to the ROP. Four cross members top and three around the bottom, then throw a golf cart cover over it. Attach the cover to the top and bottom cross members to keep it from blowing around. That will get you through the next storm. Tomorrow?

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #62  
blackd-

No, looks like this storm's missing us altogether, but not sparing CT, RI, most of MA, the NH central/seacoast area & coastal ME. Pretty sharp line; we're getting nothing, it seems.

Where I park, I have to have my folding ROPS down (folded)-- only have about 17" of clearance on the low side. When I built the shed roof off the side of the garage --I'm no carpenter!-- I really made the low side about 6" lower than necessary, and now I get to live with it. Didn't have the tractor then: 20-20 hindsight's a wonderfful thing!:laughing:

A cab might be doable, and seeing your wooden structure has given me some incentive; perhaps this summer I'll look into it more.

Attachments

• parked w: MMM.JPG
    parked w: MMM.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 231
  • parked-1.JPG
    parked-1.JPG
    915.9 KB · Views: 232
Well, I tried it out this AM. We had only ~1 1/2" of heavy, wet, icy snow last night. What a difference. No wind. No snow blow back. I was almost comfortable without heat. BTW, there was no snow on the wind shield.

A funny point: I was blithely blowing right along and felt a small gust of wind with a little bit of snow hit me. I was almost shocked by it. There are some small openings around the left side near the brake pedal, and some snowy breeze entered there. It wasn't bad enough to even consider bothering with.

Yes, I am happy, happy, happy! Well worth the effort.

Another thought. I now have a shelf on the rear of my tractor (angle iron extension that I mounted to rear of the cab) and a board that closes the space aft of the seat. I intend to keep that on the tractor and may even build a box for storage. It's so handy, I'm sorry I didn't think of it earlier.

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #65  
Purty nice, pardner! (Wonder if I could build one that would be low enough to fit under my lean-to roof....:cool:)

Must admit, I was thinking about you and your cab a few days ago when I was blowing snow and tipping my head down to avoid the icy blast coming back at me! :laughing:

Ahh yes, the icy blast. The light coating of powder all over your coat, hat, pants, and face. The "Brain Freeze" just above the eyebrows. I remember those days. Now I sometimes have to strip down to a t-shirt because it gets too warm in my cab. Darn heater! I may have to choke the coolant flow back a little bit.

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #66  
pinky, er blackd, thanks for the photo of your light mount brackets. that'll save me some time and thinking. bush wacking the pine forest has beaten my lights to a pulp.
Nice looking cab. got your moneys worth out of it this year.

A quick update. The investment in the snow blower has paid off. We have not had enough snow to even use it in three Winters. Didn't even mount the cab nor the blower this year. The cab needs a new Plexiglas window. Taking the cab on/off stresses the windows, so now I remove them.