Cab for snow throwing (GC2400)

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #1  

blackd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400
Anyone tried to build or use a cab for use when snow blowing with their GC23/2400?

Looks like we may have winter #2 with significant snow here in the MidAtlantic.

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #2  
I don't have a cab --sometimes wish I did-- but if your tractor is in fact the 2400, without a backhoe, I believe there are several choices that will fit. Having a backhoe (which I do) makes it a bit harder. Try a search for cabs on the GC series; I think you'll get some ideas.

And yes, it looks like you're in for another heavy winter... seems like the last several storms have stopped south of us. We only have about 4" on the ground where I live. (Another storm is due late today & tomorrow- we may get a foot out of it, but it looks like the mid-Atlantic might get hit pretty hard.)

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400)
Thanks for the suggestions. Curtis appears to be the Cadillac of cabs, any other less expensive suggestions?

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #5  
I guess the cheapest is to build your own.The one is built with 1/2" square tubing with tarp for the sides and lexan sewn in for windows[the frt is screwed in place and the other is built with a 1" sq tubing frame with lexan screwed onto the tubing.Larry

Attachments

• MF 1655 ready for snow 001 (Small).jpg
    MF 1655 ready for snow 001 (Small).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,613
  • Digital camera pictures 219 (Small).jpg
    Digital camera pictures 219 (Small).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,107
   / Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #6  
Cheaper alternative: Goggles, A Hat, a Carhardt Jump Suit and a few nips of Wild Turkey when you get back in the house..:thumbsup:

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #7  
...And don't forget the head sock! My motorcycle cranium warmer really helps when blowing "cabless"!:D

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400)
Blew snow this AM. Came in fully committed to building a cab!

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #9  
Waterproof boots, rainsuit, gor-tex gloves, facemask, googles, stocking hat and put the hood up on the rainsuit.

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #10  
I agree, adequate clothes do the job just fine. After all, how cold can it be in Maryland?