MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position?

/ MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position? #1  

jmlynick

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2600
Hello - I am new here. I am also the new owner of a MF GC 2600 with an MF 2360 Snow Blower. I also have a Curtis Softsided Cab WITH HEAT <== I love the heat.

I have plowed two storms so far and have this question I hope someone can answer:

How do you set the snow blower to "float" - follow the contour of the ground?

I must feather the joystick to keep the snow blower in contact with the ground - otherwise it raises off the ground or tries to dig into the ground when I go over uneven terrain - which is all there is in Western Massachusetts.

I see $2000 John Deere riding tractors with snow blowers that float - It is hard for me to believe that Massey Ferguson "forgot" about that or simply decided that their snow blowers do not need to float. They need to float to prevent damage to the blower and to lawns and such.

I thank you in advance
John

p.s I also have a Mad Bomber Hat that I wear backwards when I snow blow - Kinda makes me look like the Pope in the Popemobile.

/ MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position? #2  
The float should be in your joystick on the control valve.What you need to do is to push the joystick lever as far forward as you can and it should lock in that spot.You'll feel it lock in place.It might be a little stiff in applying it for the first time.It may feel weird but when you push the lever forward it'll come to a stop but then if you push it a bit past that then you'll feel it lock into the float postion as the joystick will stay in that spot untill you pull it back. Leave the lever in that spot untill you want to raise the blower back up then you pull back on the joystick.It works the same as the float postion on your front end loader if you have one.The loader and blower both use the same control valve.Larry

/ MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position?
Yep - you are surely correct Larry. Sorry to be such a dufus - But I am new to this tractor business.

Now that I found the "Float" position I can lower my shoes and do a better job.

Thank you!!

John

/ MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position?
Question Larry:

I see your photo of your tractor - do you ever get the chance to use the loader - mower - tiller at the same time??

If so - I will plan my summer vacation around coming to see this in action.

Thanks again

John

/ MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position? #5  
Question Larry:

I see your photo of your tractor - do you ever get the chance to use the loader - mower - tiller at the same time??

Thanks again

John

Well John the tractor you see in my avatar is 36 yrs old.Its a MF 1655. And yes I can use either them at the same time or each on its own. The tiller's PTO is independent of the mowers PTO and the loader has its own pump as well.Larry

/ MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position? #6  
Question Larry:

Thanks again

John
Your GC2600 will do the same thing, and my GC2400 will also:)

/ MF 2360 Snow Blower - Float Position? #7  
Mine did this Spring as I moved and tilled in tons of horse Doodoo into my garden. Having the mower deck on was a hindrance as it hung too low when handling extra soft ground or large piles of Doodoo.