Snow Manual Rear Wiper Assembly for my MF 1140 with Curtis cab

/ Manual Rear Wiper Assembly for my MF 1140 with Curtis cab #1  

Buyer9991

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1140
Hi. Thought you guys might be interested.
I finally found a rear wiper solution for my cab.
Cost me $25.99 plus shipping for JC Whitney.
Electric models running about $300 from Curtis cab.
This solution is great since it is little cash/quick install and suits me just fine (even though it is low budget). It will allow me to avoid having to get out of the cab to wipe snow off rear windshield when blowing snow.
Here is the link:

TOPLINE HAND-OPERATED WIPER ARM & BLADE - JCWhitney

TOPLINE HAND-OPERATED WIPER ARM & BLADE 14"
Product Number: 12004G

:licking:

ttyl

Ron

/ Manual Rear Wiper Assembly for my MF 1140 with Curtis cab #2  
I purchased a hand operated wiper for the front windshield and it works excellent. I had planned on upgrading to an electric system once I found something suitable but having my first snow-blowing season under my belt and now well into my second I don't feel the need for the electric wiper anymore. It has become apparent with my front blower (only thing I do with the cab on) that there's no point of a continuously running wiper as it would be running a dry glass after the first couple swipes, continuously flipping a switch on and off isn't much different for me than rotating a lever so will stay with the manual version. A few manual swipes once in awhile is all I require and the price is right.

Attachments

• wiper.JPG
    wiper.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 336
   / Manual Rear Wiper Assembly for my MF 1140 with Curtis cab
You're right Jay.
I have an electric front wiper and it really isn't necessary.
Nice job on the cab !:thumbsup:
ttyl
Ron
PS I love your front mount blower:drool::drool:

/ Manual Rear Wiper Assembly for my MF 1140 with Curtis cab #4  
Hey Jaylegger,

Can you PM me with more pics of you cab please, I am in the process of drawing plans for mine and could use a few pointers, like measurements and fitment etc..... It would be greatly appreciated, I can give my email if you like.
Thx

/ Manual Rear Wiper Assembly for my MF 1140 with Curtis cab #5  
Hey Jaylegger,

Can you PM me with more pics of you cab please, I am in the process of drawing plans for mine and could use a few pointers, like measurements and fitment etc..... It would be greatly appreciated, I can give my email if you like.
Thx

HI,

Before I take some photos I first want to point out that my tractor is the GC2600, I get the feeling you maybe under the impression mine is the same as yours and your photo would indicate it is not.

/ Manual Rear Wiper Assembly for my MF 1140 with Curtis cab #6  
Appreciate the JC Whitney lead Buyer9991. I have a glass rear window on my Curtis and wanted to add a manual wiper before I started using a rear blower. Jaylegger is right about the electric wiper on the front - it's overkill on a tractor unless you're out there plowing in the pouring rain!