Loader Loader mods

/ Loader mods #1  

Kal130

Silver Member
When I purchased my GC2400 I inquired about getting a QA setup for the loader. At first the dealer said sure, then he basically said Massey wouldn't let him do it. He was going to get the QA kit for a slightly larger tractor and mount it on there and sell me a bobcat bucket. Besides Massey telling him no, he could not order the loader minus a bucket so it quickly spiraled out of value.

I am wondering if any of you guys have done this? Would likely need to turn up the loader psi a bit to compensate for the weight of the QA mechanism as well.

Thoughts?

/ Loader mods #2  
Be careful with how much you want to modify stuff. Turning pressures up coulld have some negative impacts pretty quick.

I understand wanting QA bucket, but keep in mind the ratings of the front axle, loader mounts and general ballast of the tractor.

It can be done, but, should it?

/ Loader mods #3  
I have worked my 2310 to its limits and at times I should have had a larger tractor. I have dug a basement, put in a septic system and moved foundation stones just to name a few. It works well with in limits but I believe it would go downhill fast pushing it beyond them. Since you do not have a BH you would have to carry ballast all the time to balance the heavier bucket setup plus the loader arms, mounts and tractor frame was not designed for the heavier loads. Just my .02

Doug
2310 slightly twisted from all the heavy front loader work.
But I wouldn't have anything else for my use.

/ Loader mods #4  
i grease my loader/backhoe regularly... they are both getting a bit sloppy at 150 hours.

i thought about the q/c bucket idea too, but that's long gone now.:)

/ Loader mods #5  
I have a loader mounted plow, so I switch it out with the front bucket. It really does not take long to change them on one of these.

Moving a heavy bucket around, and trying to align the pins is what makes this job difficult to do. Since, these are not all that heavy, it is not all that difficult to pull the 4 pins, and change it.

/ Loader mods
But how easy is it to find attachments that will "pin" up? I shutter at the thought of having to purchase anything I want to put on it custom to that tractor. A person can find a lot of misc stuff at auctions like extra buckets, forks, etc... on the cheap. I know it is a pipe dream, but was just wondering if anyone had done it.

It is concerning to hear that things would get loose after such a short period of time. My dealer told me the only reason it lifts so little was due to government regs. Not particularly due to any weakness in the tractor itself. I doubt I will ever mess with it. Seems like a good excuse to add another machine to the fleet though. :)

/ Loader mods #7  
But how easy is it to find attachments that will "pin" up? I shutter at the thought of having to purchase anything I want to put on it custom to that tractor. A person can find a lot of misc stuff at auctions like extra buckets, forks, etc... on the cheap. I know it is a pipe dream, but was just wondering if anyone had done it.

What could you have bought instead, where you would be able to buy all that misc stuff at auctions, and they will all fit on it?

If you want to save money, modifying things to "fit" is part of the deal.

/ Loader mods #8  
It is concerning to hear that things would get loose after such a short period of time. My dealer told me the only reason it lifts so little was due to government reg

i was concerned about the loader being underpowered at first, but once i started using it on uneven terrain, it became clear that it was actually matched to the machine very well.

far as the pins go, they are probably cheap to replace, are nowhere near needing replacement, and while i service it regularly... i have worked it very hard.

in terms of the equity that was generated by the landscaping of my property, i consider the machine to have paid for itself the first summer. seeing as i paid cash for it, i now have a very nice little tractor that has many years of service left in it, and doesn't owe me a dime.:)

Attachments

• grunt1.JPG
    grunt1.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 202
  • MLNA1088.jpg
    MLNA1088.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited: