Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2410tlb w/ R1 and Rimguard

Default 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector

Hello,

I'm looking to add a electric actuator to the chute deflector on my 2360 blower. I already have the factory electric rotation. I'm wondering if anyone knows the length of the factory MF deflector actuator. I'm considering using this one, but I'd like to copy what the factory unit is as much as possible, without paying the $350 factory price.

If someone who has the factory electric deflector can tell me the length from pin to pin, either fully retracted or fully extended and the stroke length that would be great.

I'm also looking for a nice 4 pole double throw momentary switch...

Thanks!
    Massey GC2410TLB w/ thumb, 2320 54" MMM, 2360 50" front blower, Woods LRC60 rake w/ gauge wheels, Woods GBC48 Box Scraper, IMD 10KW PTO generator, Paynes forks

Tractor
    MF GC2410TLB

Default Re: 2360 snowblower electric chute deflector

Hey tsteahr, my MF factory actuator is 14.25" fully extended from mounting pin to mounting pin, and 9.25" fully retracted from mounting pin to mounting pin. The shaft is .75" in diameter. Hope this helps you out, . KC
    2009 MF GC2410TLB; Sims Cab; MF 2360 Snow Blower; MF 2340 Dozer Blade; Woods HC54 rotary rear cutter. Frontier 48" BB. KC

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

Here's some of the results I got from recent research--

First, as response I got from Warner Actuator concerning the unit on my 2310:

"Hello Mr. Buskey
    The linear actuator pictured is an older obsolete model. No parts would be available. I would suggest replacement of the complete linear actuator with our newer model. The part number would be M1-D012-0100-A05-LN. This actuator would be purchased from any authorized Warner Electric distributor in your area. Our web site has a locator based on your zip code. Your actuator was a special stroke length of 5" , standard of the shelf units are normally even stroke lengths 2, 4, 6 etc. I have attached catalog information for your review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.
    Warner Electric
    Thanks
    George"

Also, I'll try to attach the spec sheet.... Guess it worked!

Speaking of stroke length, in looking at mine, I'd bet a 4" stroke would be plenty; I bet I rarely use that extra inch.

Hope this helps-- WBB in NH
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2600L

Quote Originally Posted by irvingj View Post
    Here's some of the results I got from recent research--

First, as response I got from Warner Actuator concerning the unit on my 2310:

"Hello Mr. Buskey
    The linear actuator pictured is an older obsolete model. No parts would be available. I would suggest replacement of the complete linear actuator with our newer model. The part number would be M1-D012-0100-A05-LN. This actuator would be purchased from any authorized Warner Electric distributor in your area. Our web site has a locator based on your zip code. Your actuator was a special stroke length of 5" , standard of the shelf units are normally even stroke lengths 2, 4, 6 etc. I have attached catalog information for your review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.
    Warner Electric
    Thanks
    George"

Also, I'll try to attach the spec sheet.... Guess it worked!

Speaking of stroke length, in looking at mine, I'd bet a 4" stroke would be plenty; I bet I rarely use that extra inch.

Hope this helps-- WBB in NH
    +1, though mine is manufactured by Thomson it has the same spec's. I've measured the stroke at 5" which corresponds with irvingj's info and also feel you could easily use a common 4" stroke actuator in it's place. I'd mount the actuator so the deflector opens fully and lose the inch in the closed position but if you set it up to lose 1/2 inch on each end I doubt you'd even notice it over the stock unit from a performance standpoint.
    Nightime snowblowing in rain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp50hn8lHf8

Tractor
    Kubota BX 25

I used a 3.93 stroke I got from surpluscenter.com part# 5-1577-4 and bracket part# 5-1577-B If this will help you at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0099-jpg   -img_0101-jpg  
    2010 BX25 W/ FEL and Backhoe
    48" boxblade
    3 pt.Hydraulic log splitter
    50" front mount snow blower
    3 pt.post hole digger
    52" Ratchet Rake
    Bro-Tek skid plates (a must have)
    48" 3Pt. CountyLine rototiller

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2410tlb w/ R1 and Rimguard

Thanks guys! Just what I was looking for. Interesting MF spec'd a 5". I'll have to decide if I go with a 4" or a 6". Same price. I'll have to think about it.

I'll post pics when it's done.

Cheers!
    Massey GC2410TLB w/ thumb, 2320 54" MMM, 2360 50" front blower, Woods LRC60 rake w/ gauge wheels, Woods GBC48 Box Scraper, IMD 10KW PTO generator, Paynes forks

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2600L

Quote Originally Posted by tsteahr View Post
    Thanks guys! Just what I was looking for. Interesting MF spec'd a 5". I'll have to decide if I go with a 4" or a 6". Same price. I'll have to think about it.

I'll post pics when it's done.

Cheers!
    If you choose the 4" then the internal auto stops will be used, the 6" model will attempt to push or pull the deflector past it's intended range which may either cause excess wear on the chute or the actuator. As an example of unintended wear my OEM actuator was replaced recently due to the cylinder rod detaching from the screw mechanism.
    Nightime snowblowing in rain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp50hn8lHf8

Quote Originally Posted by jwatt51 View Post
    I used a 3.93 stroke I got from surpluscenter.com part# 5-1577-4 and bracket part# 5-1577-B If this will help you at all.
    I was wondering is that an electric motor or hydraulic on the ''spin'' screw??I coudl sure do something like that andwould be interested .. thanks

Bronze Member

Looking at my unit I would mount for full extension and not worry about deflection. I doubt that I have used 4" of deflection. I have been considering installing a 4 wire trailer plug midline of the wire harness to ease disconnecting/removal of the thrower. Water intrusion down the shaft into the gearbox has been a problem for some of us. That having been said it sure is nice to deflect the snow when the wind blows it back in you face.

Tractor
    Struck Magnatrac 6000, Kioti DK40SE

Quote Originally Posted by jwatt51 View Post
    jwatt51... One question regarding your setup. The bracket at the bottom of the actuator looks like it would prevent the actuator from pivoting front to back as the deflector moves open and closed. Wouldn't a bolt/pin top and bottom be better?
    "I don't do landscaping... I do battle with vegetation"

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast