All newbies, FAQ:

/ All newbies, FAQ: #1  

ray66v

Tractor
GC2310,
Too bad we can't have a permanent thread kept at the top, for all new compact tractor owners:

The steering wheel is not attached to the wheels mechanically so it does not stay in the same place.

Don't use the steering wheel as a grab bar to pull your mass on to the tractor, You will damage the steering controller.

Your oil will turn black, it's a diesel, they do that.

You should immediately get out your grease gun, and find the grease fittings that were not greased during the dealer prep.

The reason it won't start, is probably because you bumped one of the levers, and have not realized it yet. Check all of them.

They did not make the ROPS 2" too high to fit in your garage, just to piss you off. The government did that.

About 1/2 of us, (my perception), are using synthetic oil in the engine, transmission, and front axle.

Yes, you can use gear lube, instead of hydraulic oil, in the front axle.

If you put in generic hydraulic fluid, and you notice things are different, it is the hydraulic fluid. About 50%, (my perception) of those who use generic report issues. The rest love it.

You can run around in 4wd all the time, but it will wear out your front tires faster.

There are some generic engine oil filters out there, no generic hydraulic filters, (for MF), as of this date.

You have to use more glow plug time, and open the throttle, before you will get a good start in cold weather.

If you put in gasoline by mistake, it is not the end of the world. search for a thread pertaining to this, and follow the instructions.

If you run it out of fuel, you usually need to bleed the air out before it will start. search for a thread pertaining to this and follow the instructions.

Your dealer lied to you. (just kidding), (but he might have).

Anyone have any I forgot?

/ All newbies, FAQ: #2  
Too bad we can't have a permanent thread kept at the top, for all new compact tractor owners:

Before we use any tractor, let's take a moment to talk about safety. Be sure to read, understand, and follow all the safety rules that come with your tractor. Knowing how to use your tractor properly will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury.

Norm:)

Attachments

• NormAbram.jpg
    NormAbram.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
   / All newbies, FAQ: #3  
How about if you push the pedal to go forward and you go backwards, you have pushed the wrong pedal.:laughing::laughing:

/ All newbies, FAQ: #4  

Yup, just one. If drive power seems a little sluggish disengaging the emergency brake is an effective remedy.

/ All newbies, FAQ: #5  
How about if you push the pedal to go forward and you go backwards, you have pushed the wrong pedal.:laughing::laughing:

I only have one pedal. Stepping on the back of it is pretty easy when sitting side saddle and snowblowing backward. I have to think the two pedal setup would be tougher to reach.

/ All newbies, FAQ: #6  
gc2410 does not require bleeding after being run out of fuel.

also, running around in 4wd is going to wear out driveline components faster as well... i am particularly concerned about the (tiny) front driveshaft slipyoke.

don't be surprised if you have an oil bath in the area of the loader quick connects... two dealers repair attempts, plus one of my own, still leaking.

top end of cb05 backhoe main boom cylinder can be more easily greased with the weight of the boom resting on the ground.

/ All newbies, FAQ: #7  
Don't forget "Double check your parking brake":thumbsup:!!

/ All newbies, FAQ:
Don't forget "Double check your parking brake":thumbsup:!!

I knew you would want to suggest that one yourself. :D

/ All newbies, FAQ: #9  
Geeez ... ya'll are a little pissy ... was everyone born with the know it all ... never had your first tractor, never even turned the key on a tractor, have no idea about PTO, HP, HYD ... quess it should be against the law to ask a question on TBN ...

/ All newbies, FAQ:
Geeez ... ya'll are a little pissy ... was everyone born with the know it all ... never had your first tractor, never even turned the key on a tractor, have no idea about PTO, HP, HYD ... quess it should be against the law to ask a question on TBN ...

No, your going way too far. You call helping people getting "pissy"? You seem to be the one doing that.

I thought it would be helpful for new owners in our forum, (MF), to have a one stop place to get the answer to their question. Rather than posting it, and waiting for an answer. Since the same questions get asked over, and over, it is an obvious solution to the problem.

That is why almost every where you go on the internet, they have a FAQ, frequently asked questions, section. Guess they are all "pissy" trying to help people too.