Anyone added power steering to their Massey?

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #1  

IIIBradIII

Bronze Member
I currently have a 135 diesel without PS and now that I've used both types (135s with PS & without) I want PS back!

I know there are some kits floating out there on the interwebs for it, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with such an aftermarket item?

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #2  
I was wondering the same thing. My 1020 (DA5220) has no PS but it would be nice. They sold a kit for it but I googled the part# and nothing comes up. If you find something let me know or post it here.

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey?
Well here is the one I found on ebay - $599 shipped:
New Massey Ferguson Power Steering Add On Kit Fits 135 - eBay (item 250775811587 end time Mar-20-11 10:26:25 PDT)

This one is from a company called Anatolian (overseas) and will be $750 shipped here to SC:
MF 35 - 35X - 135 - 240 POWER STEERING CONVERSION KITS

This one from Agriline (in the UK) will ship to me for around $530 (usd):
Massey Ferguson 135 Tractor Power Steering Kit Fitting Diagram from Agriline Products Ltd

Then there is this one that a member here has purchased (but not yet installed) - I do not yet know what he paid for it:
https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemD...sc=&SearchItem=1&TextSearch=&ItemNumber=MF100

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #4  
Have anyone tried to add power steering to a MF35 with any of these or other kits?
It has been more than a year since last post!:confused:

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #5  
Good question..I see a lot of post on many different forums about people starting ps conversion projects, but yet have came cross few-if any that is finished. Anybody done a conversion,especially a custom one that could throw out some details, helpful hints, or just tell a story about it?:D

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #7  
Anybody try to piece together their own kit? Thinking about going this route myself. Would really like to hear from somebody that has done one full hydraulic, with a steering control valve in their system.

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #8  
IIIBradIII said:
I currently have a 135 diesel without PS and now that I've used both types (135s with PS & without) I want PS back!

I know there are some kits floating out there on the interwebs for it, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with such an aftermarket item?

The kits I've seen on eBay and other distributors are made for the Perkins engine. They state there may be a bit of welding to do, but the kit looks complete. Now I just wish they made a kit for the Continental Z145. If the Perkins has the sway back front end I don't see why it couldn't be made to work on the Continental.

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #9  
I have a mf50 with power steering but they made several models of cylinders and parts are hard to find.

/ Anyone added power steering to their Massey? #10  
I just installed a P.S. kit on a Yanmar tractor. It's basically the same set up as a MF 135. It would be pretty much the same set up. I purchased the cylinder from hoyetractor.com for $200 and had to mount a bracket and some other stuff to make it work. Tonight I finally got it finished. It works like a dream and can now turn the wheel with one finger. If anyone would like pictures of my set up PM me and I can send them your way..