Synchro Shuttle on '05 1533

/ Synchro Shuttle on '05 1533 #1  

schoolsout

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1533
OK, I think I have this figured out, but want to make sure. Just bought an '05 MF 1533 with 8x8 Synchro Shuttle and from what I've read, I will need to press clutch pedal down to shift into forward or reverse, right?

Also, once in forward or reverse, I need to press clutch in fast, change gears and then let clutch out in a slower, smooth manner, correct?

Any other tips I should know/be aware of dealing with this transmission?

Thanks!

/ Synchro Shuttle on '05 1533 #2  
Used to drive gear tractos 30 something yearss ago ,hydro lately.You got the synchro shifting right, forward and reverse without coming to a full stop useing the clutch.
Changing gears and ranges useing the clutch but at a full stop.

/ Synchro Shuttle on '05 1533
Thanks
wondering if we made a mistake by not looking for tractor with hydro (as of now, I have no really open areas to just cruise and will probably be doing a lot of F and R), but this is my first one so other than the hydrostat mower we have, I won't know the difference (I guess)

/ Synchro Shuttle on '05 1533 #4  
the price you paid there is no mistake . with hydro n gear each are best suited for certain types of work. have a 1428v hrdo getting a 1533 SS . i m glad i can keep the hydro after i get the SS . each will be used for the type for work that they are best suited for.you can always get a hydro if you find another great deal, and have 2 tractors.

the price you paid there is no mistake . with hydro n gear each are best suited for certain types of work. have a 1428v hrdo getting a 1533 SS . i m glad i can keep the hydro after i get the SS . each will be used for the type for work that they are best suited for.you can always get a hydro if you find another great deal, and have 2 tractors.

Thanks

Last thing we need now are two tractors...
We woke up that morning not really serious (like 100% on buying), but saw the ad and bought it. Should finally get some seat time tonight.

/ Synchro Shuttle on '05 1533 #6  
I have synchro shuttle in my 1532 , I really like it . The book says to use clutch , and I do , but MF has a video comparing MF , New Holland and Kubota showing not using clutch shifting f & r . This transmission and clutch requires very little effort to engage / disengage .

/ Synchro Shuttle on '05 1533 #7  
MF has a video comparing MF , New Holland and Kubota showing not using clutch shifting f & r .
The PowerShuttle is the one where you don't need to clutch when going forward to reverse and back.

I've definitely got it down now. Heading up to the property tomorrow to see what I can make happen...
helped spread 12 yards of topsoil for my sister on it today

Had an issue last weekend with this tractor. Everything was find for a while and then when put into reverse, it is like the gears in trans or differential or whatever weren't meshing correctly and it would make a loud grinding noise while going nowhere. This only happened in reverse so didn't do that again. Used tractor to put one more tree in ground and it started happening in the higher gears going forward...same thing. Gears weren't meshing together and just made a grinding noise (putting into gear is fine...it just does it when clutch is let out). Started to just use 1st low and it seemed ok as we were loading up. Messed around and put into 4wd and it seemed that it wouldn't make noise as front axle was pulling as well so rear didn't have a chance to make the noise. Put the tractor up and plan to take it to shop as soon as we can. Even in 4wd, when turning sharp, you could feel the rear kind of lugging from time to time.

Any idea what this could be?

Shop says they need to replace gears...what would cause this? Sounds a bit fishy to me