MF35 governor

/ MF35 governor #1  

furgusonman

Tractor
MF35 1961
Hi,I have a mf35 with z134 gas engine,I just bought this tractor I have a problem with power. It runs good but when I drive it and start going up a small hill it try,s to stall. If i give it more gas it keep,s going and runs good.I looked at the governor assembly and the part where the round disk with the ball barrings in it has been replaced with what looks like a piece of leather.Do,es any one know if this could be my problem? :confused:THANKS :confused:

/ MF35 governor
I guess no one knows any thing about my governor problem.Owell worth a try thanks anyway.

/ MF35 governor #3  
G'day just wondering which part of the govenor you are referring to ?? The only place i can think of that you would be able to put a leather disc is on the bottom of the throttle shaft under the bett box, if this is so then this is not part of the govenor as such. The govenor is run off the front of the camshaft ( unless i am thinking of a different engine:confused2:) and has a link running to the carb from a shaft coming out the timing cover at the front of the eng. Inside the timing cover there is a flyweight assy that does have a habit of breaking the mounting pins as well as the weight mounts. Can you post some pics of what you are talking about and don't get discouraged so easily sometimes it takes a while for someone to see your post that can help you out ( don't know if i can or not but i will try:thumbsup:)

Jon

/ MF35 governor
Hi' let me ask what is probably a dumb question,but im not good with computers.How do i upload a photo or whatever it's called Thanks again

/ MF35 governor #5  
G'day sorry you are asking the wrong person bout that:confused2: i am pretty well computer illiterate except for being able to find the sites i want to go to and typing out a few responses. Maybe if you put a queston in the general forms somebody can help you out with that:)

Jon

/ MF35 governor
Hi,i think i figured out how to post a photo i hope.OK here goes in the photo you can see the round disc with the leather sticking out.Is this the governor assembly that i see on line with the ball barrings in the disc? Also if you can see the small bolt with the two nuts on it some one replaced what ever was there with the bolt.Do you think any of this would be my problem? One more thing do you know if the little screw on the left side front of the engine that goes in the cover for the i think part of the governor what it adjust es? Also do you know any where on line where i might find a diagram of this stuff? Any help is greatly appreciated.I hope my img works and thanks again.
100_0954.jpg

/ MF35 governor #7  
G'day fergusonman great pic at least we have now got somewhere to start. The round disc in your pic is there as a friction disc to stop the hand throttle from vibrating back to idle from where you set it if it is not doing this ( going back to idle by itself ) then this part is ok, the bolt with the two nuts is just replaceing a pin that was prob worn or fell out so that is ok. The screw coming out of the timing case ( should be on the right side of the eng from the operators seat facing fwd ) is the full eng governed speed setting from memory and should not need adjusting. If you pull the throttle wide open the governor should control engine rpm to about 2500 - 2700 rpm. With the eng stopped check the governor linkage by hand and make sure it is moving freely it may just want some lube

Jon

/ MF35 governor
Hi' thanks for your help i have been working on my governor problem again,i checked all the linkage and lubed all the moving parts.Now when i start it up it starts to rev up to about 1/4 throttle i can push the hand throttle up and it goes back to idle.i have disconnected the linkage from the carb to the gov,arm and it still revs up,i can push the gov,arm back by hand and it will go back down to idle when i let it go it goes back up.im starting to think it might be internal where the governor assembly goes.do you or any one else know of any thing else to try to fix this thing, im getting a little frustrated at this thing.if i need to go inside is it a major and pricey job,what all will i need to replace? "thanks for any help"

/ MF35 governor
Good evening sorry for the second reply but i have been troubleshooting the 35 gas,and i have made "SOME" progress.I took all the linkage apart and reassembled it with some more lube and it works mush better, maybe a little more tweaking.Now my main problem is the governor not coming in under load like i replied in my previous reply does any one think like me i need to go to the internal part, and if so what and do i need to replace.Sorry for the second reply but i thought it would help.Thanks again for all the help.

/ MF35 governor #10  
I have a MF 35 with a governor problem. I can start it fine, but then it goes to full throttle. I have to keep working the throttle lever to control it.
any ideas?