MF 35 oil leak at steering column

/ MF 35 oil leak at steering column #1  

seaweaver

Hey guys after working an hour or so I get a oil leak that seems to come from the tube in which the steering shaft runs down. Its not much but aggravating to see it every time I look down ...Yesterday I noticed somewhere in the feildl I lost my radiator cap and some water so I topped it off....then I got drops of water leaking down from the steering column...what the heck? the crank case oil is fine...how? what?
Sorry to be ignorant...I barely have enough $$ for gas and actually I've been stealing it from my boats...(may as well as there is little in my new state)when we get square I'll buy a manual.
Thanks
cw

/ MF 35 oil leak at steering column #2  
Can't help you as I am having the same issue...mine has now gotten to the point I run too low on fluid in a very short time.

From what I have gathered,there is a seal in the steering column that needs to be replaced.

/ MF 35 oil leak at steering column
Oz, Sorry to get back so late. Mine starts after the unit get's really warm...2-3 hours or so. Have you got in deeper on yours?
cw

/ MF 35 oil leak at steering column #4  
Oz, Sorry to get back so late. Mine starts after the unit get's really warm...2-3 hours or so. Have you got in deeper on yours?
cw

Mine leaks out in like 30 minutes.
I started to try and get the 'dash' off,got the steering nut off and then realised I don't have a gear puller to get the steering wheel off...

then on top of that,one of the power steering lines blew....

/ MF 35 oil leak at steering column
when you say leaks out...you mean starts leaking or all done out?
This oil is the same as..?? I have no manual yet and it's only got perhaps 10hr since rebuild...but what oil is this? I cannot understand why/how it manages to lift up so high unless it is under psi.
cw

/ MF 35 oil leak at steering column #6  
when you say leaks out...you mean starts leaking or all done out?
This oil is the same as..?? I have no manual yet and it's only got perhaps 10hr since rebuild...but what oil is this? I cannot understand why/how it manages to lift up so high unless it is under psi.
cw

Mine is from the top of the 'steering box' under the dash,it happens under pressure when running.

/ MF 35 oil leak at steering column #7  
Ended up after much struggling and a little swearing to remove the steering wheel....unfortunately it came out with the shaft attached!!!

Then decided it was time to take it completely apart.Removed box from tractor,and took it all to dealership and dropped it off.

Slightly less than $100 and I have the seals replaced,new bushing in top and a new aftermarket steering wheel.

Just need to find the time to put it all back together as having just moved into our place here in NC there is a LOT to do.