50 hr service not complete.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
When I bought my 1529, The dealership agreed to throw in the first 50 hr service for free. According to the manual the trans fluid and filter gets changed. I marked the filter by scratching an "X" on it before it was picked up for the service. I know this sounds crazy but I just wanted to make sure the full service was completed. This filter is a costly part. The engine oil was changed for sure. I work at night so I told the dealership to drop the tractor off in the driveway. They wanted to deliver it early this morning. As I walked toward the Massey I noticed my "X" on the end of the tranny filter :mad:. I've had a good relationship with the owner and have bought a brushcutter, scrape blade, and a Stihl FS250 trimmer from them. I hate to call anyone out but it looks like I have no choice. I wish people would just do their freakin job.

IMG00503.jpg

/ 50 hr service not complete. #2  
If you want something done right...

/ 50 hr service not complete. #3  
It really is a shame you can't trust people to do the right thing on their own. As much stuff as you bought you should get better treatment than that. Even if it was the only thing you bought they should hold to their agreement. I know what you mean about not really wanting to bring it to their attention but it is only right. Makes me wonder when used is advertised as just been through the shop. Small wonder a lot of people want to do their own service work, not just to save money but also to be sure it is done right.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #4  
Great thinking to mark the filter like that to be sure it was changed.

Seems to me like this was either (a) outright fraud or (b) incompetence.

Neither is good for your relationship with that dealer.

MoKelly

/ 50 hr service not complete. #5  
Stuff like that is annoying, first thing I'd do is anonymously call the service department manager and have him list what is included in their 50 hour service for your tractor to ensure it's consistent with what's outline in your manual. At least then you'll know whether they chose to short change you specifically or if it's a broader issue. Each will require a slightly different approach.

Thankfully my dealer is awesome.

/ 50 hr service not complete.
Update: Called the owner this morning and took the honest approach. Told him that these were the kind of phone calls I hated to make. I also told him I marked the filter before it went in for service. Not that I didn't trust him. I do this to my cars and trucks also. He said he would make it right and the tractor would be picked up Monday morning. He said he would find out why this didn't get done. Wow. That went very well. It's a shame you feel the need to take measures like I did (marking filters) but I like to know if things are done. It looks like this is going to have a happy ending.:thumbsup:

/ 50 hr service not complete. #7  
I probably would've called, too, but only to ask for my money back ... & do it myself from now on. The trust would be gone for me with that dealership.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #8  
Update: Called the owner this morning and took the honest approach. Told him that these were the kind of phone calls I hated to make. I also told him I marked the filter before it went in for service. Not that I didn't trust him. I do this to my cars and trucks also. He said he would make it right and the tractor would be picked up Monday morning. He said he would find out why this didn't get done. Wow. That went very well. It's a shame you feel the need to take measures like I did (marking filters) but I like to know if things are done. It looks like this is going to have a happy ending.:thumbsup:

That's good news, however there will always be that nagging suspicion next time you have your tractor serviced the scorned mechanic will give you that extra special attention if you know what I mean. A little whack hear, a little dirt in there and so forth. Just don't think about it.

I swear that whenever I take my vehicle in for repair, within 1-3 days something else unrelated always fails. A coincidence I think not. :shocked:

/ 50 hr service not complete. #9  
Pretending it was a mistake, is their only option once you catch them with their pants down. :laughing:

If you choose to believe a trained technician is so incompetent that he made a mistake like that, imagine what he can do when you give him something that requires actual thought.

/ 50 hr service not complete.
Pretending it was a mistake, is their only option once you catch them with their pants down. :laughing:

I can't wait to hear the reason this was overlooked. Speaking of pants down... One of my grandfather's sayings was "There's no need in pulling your pants down if you've already s**t in them". I miss hearing him say stuff like that. It was always funny but made alot of sense. :laughing: