Backhoe GC2410 backhoe problem

/ GC2410 backhoe problem #1  

fooz

Tractor
MF GC2410
Just wondering if anybody had any ideas why I cannot get the backhoe to work with my GC2410. It's been off for approx a year. I hooked the 3 hoses up in the back and when I move the levers the feet move approx an inch. It was working fine when I took it off, now I can't get it on the tractor.

Could there be air in the lines or something? Not sure what else it could be. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

/ GC2410 backhoe problem #2  
Check to make sure your 3ph lever is in the neutral position and make sure the quick connects are fully seated.

EDIT: "The feet move approx an inch" - I had the exact same symptom when I had my 3ph lever bumped slightly out of position. It visually looked in the neutral position but when I moved it by hand I found it was slightly out. It took me a few days to notice it however...:ashamed:

Last edited:
   / GC2410 backhoe problem #3  
Just wondering if anybody had any ideas why I cannot get the backhoe to work with my GC2410. It's been off for approx a year. I hooked the 3 hoses up in the back and when I move the levers the feet move approx an inch. It was working fine when I took it off, now I can't get it on the tractor.

Could there be air in the lines or something? Not sure what else it could be. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

Check to make sure that the hoses are connected in the right order (color to right color). And check to see if the fluid level is in the sight glass. Does the HST make any strange noises when you move the levers??

/ GC2410 backhoe problem
Thanks for the suggestions!! I'll give it another try tomorrow, I'm hoping it's the 3ph lever. I checked this morning and it looked like it was in neutral, but I'll check for sure tomorrow.

/ GC2410 backhoe problem
UPDATE: I tried attaching the backhoe again today. Still didn't work. I went to put the rear finish mower on and raised the 3 point hitch and it wouldn't come down. So now I thinking something is wrong with the 3ph that's why the backhoe won't work. The loader still works.
Anybody got any other ideas? I have to call the dealer tomorrow. :(
Thanks

/ GC2410 backhoe problem #6  
Could it be that the knob that controls the 3pt hitches drop rate is fully closed, not allowing the hydraulics to flow properly or let the 3pt hitch drop.

/ GC2410 backhoe problem
Thank You!!!!

The knob was in the lock position!! The 3ph works now, I just went out and tried it.

Do you think that is the problem with the backhoe also? I'll try again this week.

Thanks for pointing out the 3ph lock feature. I appreciate it!!

/ GC2410 backhoe problem #8  
Thank You!!!!

The knob was in the lock position!! The 3ph works now, I just went out and tried it.

Do you think that is the problem with the backhoe also? I'll try again this week.

Thanks for pointing out the 3ph lock feature. I appreciate it!!

Not likely, that knob has to be closed to prevent accidental damage to the jackshaft hitting the BH, if you leave the 3pt hitch attached and folded up.

/ GC2410 backhoe problem
OK finally got to try the backhoe again after the getting the 3ph working. The backhoe still doesn't work. I tried hooking up the hoses different ways but neither way worked. Although when I hooked them up one way it made more of a noise, either the HST or hydraulics. I made sure the 3ph was in neutral. Not sure what else to try. Thanks for all the suggestions, please keep them coming...

/ GC2410 backhoe problem #10  
Can you post pictures on your hose routing?