GC2410 mid PTO cover

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #1  

DC3

Bronze Member
I got my GC2410 last week and I absolutely love it! I got it with the 60" MMM and the cutting job this does is unbelievable on three foot high grass.

Anyway, on to the point of my post. The manual says "Mid PTO cover must be installed when use of mid PTO is not required". I didn't receive a separate "boot" type mid PTO cover with the tractor. I asked the dealer about this and he said the machine didn't come with a separate mid PTO cover. So I'm confused. Is this some type of slide-away cover, or is it a boot, or what?

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #2  
It's nothing. The tractors don't have a mid PTO cover. The manual has said that since the earlier 2300 series. Would think that would have get corrected with the new 2400 manuals.

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #3  
I did not receive covers with mine either,:confused2: but ask the dealer and he put one on the rear for me.:) Would like one on the front for the winter but will have to order that one if they even make it.:confused:

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #4  
The 2300's came with a rear cover, but no mid-PTO cover. I too puzzled about the manual... it does seem like a good idea to cover it when doing dirty things....

I found that 1" heater hose will just slip over the splined shaft. Glue on some sort of cap, and you're good to go. I also use the same deal on the MMM and snowblower shafts when they're stored.

Attachments

• PTO shaft covers.JPG
    PTO shaft covers.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 269
   / GC2410 mid PTO cover #5  
The 2300's came with a rear cover, but no mid-PTO cover. I too puzzled about the manual... it does seem like a good idea to cover it when doing dirty things....

I found that 1" heater hose will just slip over the splined shaft. Glue on some sort of cap, and you're good to go. I also use the same deal on the MMM and snowblower shafts when they're stored.

Great idea:thumbsup:, front pto was uncovered last winter but i will make sure I cover it up for next winter.:D
The picture looks more like a "mower dick".:laughing:

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #6  
Great idea:thumbsup:, front pto was uncovered last winter but i will make sure I cover it up for next winter.:D
! received some e-mails once.............that directed me to a site...............that did show pictures similar to 'irvingj"s pictures. The ad said something about............batteries not inculded........

But I was trying to refrain.........:laughing::laughing:

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #7  
Arright, you guys.....:laughing:

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #8  
:shocked: I can see where this thread is "HEADING".:ashamed: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Seriously, good info Irving, they still show that it should be covered in the new manuals.

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #9  
Looks like one of them horse decks to me.

/ GC2410 mid PTO cover #10  
I'll bet there was severe "shrinkage" for not keeping it covered during last winter!:ashamed: You must not have a blower for the front, do ya?:p