Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    2004 Massey Ferguson GC 2310

Default Re: GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem

Yes I did connect the return lines. My machine is a 2004, and I am not sure if these are the original hoses so both are black.

Tractor

I guess I will have to bite the bullet and send it out to a tractor repair place. I will let you know how it turns out.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    GC 2610

I would suspect it is the valve that runs your 3pt hitch. Mine went out on my 2610, while it was under warranty. When this happen, I had the same problems you have. This valve controls the fluid passing out of the hyrdostat unit to the rest of the hydraulics on your tractor. It's not hard to change if you are handy with tools. the most involved prt is removing the sheet metal under and around the seat. Good Luck.

Tractor

That was my thought as well, but wasnt sure. will the system need to be purged for air or does the system automatically bleed the air out of the system? I will contact the dealer to find out the cost of the valve, thanks for your help!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Hydraulic systems with return hoses are self bleeding.

Tractor

Great thanks for the advice!

Tractor
    massey ferguson gc2310

Hello,

I just read the problem you have and my tractor did exactley the same thing way back in November 2010. I was away for almost 4 months and have not posted a reply to my old post way back. Well here it is....I just brought it to the dealer 2 weks ago and just got it back. My tractor is a 2005 model with about 250hrs on it. The problem is there is a shaft that goes from the hydraulic pump that has splines in it. It goes to another part and slips in. The problem is the shaft does not go far enough in so what happens is the splines wear off and presto all hydrolics stop working. My tractor did drive slow for a bit but then stopped working too. It cost me about 2000.00 to get it fixed. The newer tractors all have longer shafts. The dealer tried to get Masey to pay part of it because it is a problem they are aware of...they paid nothing I was really upset and will be calling them next week. I will get my bill and see if there are part numbers that I can post. This will give you a better idea of what I am talking about. Sorry I am not very knowledgable about the hydralic system.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Quote Originally Posted by combanx View Post
    Hello,

I just read the problem you have and my tractor did exactley the same thing way back in November 2010. I was away for almost 4 months and have not posted a reply to my old post way back. Well here it is....I just brought it to the dealer 2 weks ago and just got it back. My tractor is a 2005 model with about 250hrs on it. The problem is there is a shaft that goes from the hydraulic pump that has splines in it. It goes to another part and slips in. The problem is the shaft does not go far enough in so what happens is the splines wear off and presto all hydrolics stop working. My tractor did drive slow for a bit but then stopped working too. It cost me about 2000.00 to get it fixed. The newer tractors all have longer shafts. The dealer tried to get Masey to pay part of it because it is a problem they are aware of...they paid nothing I was really upset and will be calling them next week. I will get my bill and see if there are part numbers that I can post. This will give you a better idea of what I am talking about. Sorry I am not very knowledgable about the hydralic system.
    I know of one other case of this happening, but it is NOT happening to all of them. Here is the 2008 thread involved in the same issue. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/m...installed.html

DaveCQE's tractor still moves, so I am not certain if it is related.

Tractor

Unfortunately this is exactly what I found out was the problem, I wish I had known before having a repair place tell me, I might have purchased the parts and tryed to fix it myself to save on labor. $2000 is a tough pill to swallow. Let me know if going to masey helps with the cost, though I bought this tractor used from a personal sale so I am not sure if that would matter. Thanks for posting!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Dave, can you see if the mechanic would suggest how much a preemptive replacement would be easier/cheaper?

If more of these start failing, it would be something to consider.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast