GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #21  
Hello,

Well I am sorry to hear you have the same problem as I did. There is a way to prevent this from happening. The shaft that is in all 2005 model years I think is just too short. The splines at the end do not go far enough into the gear. I guess you could buy a newer model shaft 2006 and up and replace it before the splines just wear off and it free spins. I have heard from the dealer that this is a common issue, not just isolated. I have not called the rep for my area yet because I travel alot and just have not been home. My dealer said he did speak to him and that they would not cover anything. This was and is very upsetting. I will be calling him next week and will let everyone know where they stand on this issue. I have heard from 7 different people who have 2005 models and it happened to all of them......

Regards

Combanx

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #22  
The question is, is it worth doing before it fails? If it is not going to cost much more to wait, then I would think that would be better.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #23  
I have a Massey Feg 2310 that has all these symptoms and is at a shop. I contacted AGCO Answers (they are the complaint/information department) for Massey Ferguson. I explained my issue to a "Lois" at (877) 525-4384 and she indicates that someone will be contacting me. I do not want to have to pay for something that is defective. I feel if everyone with this problem will contact AGCO it could help the issue as well. I am going to stay on top of this, and continue to update.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #24  
Diggin Willie, if you talk to a mechanic, please ask him if he would suggest someone with a 2005 replace the pump before it shears? Or, does the gear have to be replaced to really fix this?

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #25  
I have discovered more information. The actual part that needs to be replaced is called "Pump Drive Gear", part # 4264915M2. In 2007, Massey Ferguson actually issued a bulletin # 0017, dated May 21, 2007. It is listed as a "Fix as Fail". Internal spline failure on the hydraulic pump of MF GC2300/2310 requires a replacement which has been improved to increase the spline engagement from 12 mm to 20 mm. When I saw my failed spline today at the shop, it was worn completely off, catastrophic failure, after many intermittent problems. I have another call into AGCO Answers to get a Warranty. The shop I have my tractor at is very good, their labor rate and time involved to fix this will be in excess of several thousand dollars, plus the parts to replace. I feel that Massey Ferguson should cover all of this, since it is a known problem since 2007. I will keep up on the post, as I hopefully make progress and get resolve. Anyone else that has encountered this issue with this Model, should be encouraged to contact AGCO Answers. They need to know that my problem is not unique.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #26  
Thanks for updating, diiginwillie. Good luck, and let us know what happens. Mine's a 2007, and I think (hope) the problems were with prior year models, but... we could all end up in the same boat! W

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #27  
Hello,

Well I am sorry to hear you have the same problem as I did. There is a way to prevent this from happening. The shaft that is in all 2005 model years I think is just too short. The splines at the end do not go far enough into the gear. I guess you could buy a newer model shaft 2006 and up and replace it before the splines just wear off and it free spins. I have heard from the dealer that this is a common issue, not just isolated. I have not called the rep for my area yet because I travel alot and just have not been home. My dealer said he did speak to him and that they would not cover anything. This was and is very upsetting. I will be calling him next week and will let everyone know where they stand on this issue. I have heard from 7 different people who have 2005 models and it happened to all of them......

Regards

Combanx

You can ad a 8th. My pump failed around 450hrs.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #29  
Was this issue fixed with the 2006 model year ? I have not heard of any failures 2006 and up.
I'm not sure, but I believe it was fixed? I think I read it on a thread here.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #30  
Today, 11/18 I participated in a small claims court action against the company that fixed my tractor. I was trying to make the case against AGCO, but since they are located in Duluth, Georgia and my connection was through their affiliate here in Albany, NY I took the case to Albany County court here in NY. The case was dismissed since there could be no judgment against the main company in Georgia. I was prepared to present with good evidence of the "Fix as Fail" bulletin, and the postings from others on this "tractorbynet" with similar problem, but the dismissal of small claims issue detoured this.
I am not going to give up, I will now be lookign to determine how I bring this against the main company in Duluth, GA. I was only seeking reimbursement of labor to me at 50% rate, or $1,000. If I can go against AGCO, I think I will go for the entire amount I spent, including small claims fees, parking, travel and lost time of work. If any of you have suggestions of similar situations you may have pursued, please share with me.
Thanks.