GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #31  
I hunk it'll be tough to get travel, lost time of work and parking. All this is stated not to be covered under the warranty terms and conditions. I'm no expert by all means, but I would think its going to be tough to get reimbursement on a machine that's well out of warranty. Try be all means. Just seems like you're asking for over and above what would be considered normal warranty coverage.
Did your dealer or agco help you out with the costs initially?

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #32  
This is not a simply matter of the tractor breaking. It is a matter of a known, serious, design, and or manufacturing error. A defect that will at some point, cause the transmission to fail catastrophically.

There is a legal term called an "implied warranty of fitness". This means that it is implied, that a product is fit for the use it is intended.

If the fatal defect in the original series was known before they were all sold, (and I believe they did), that could mean they were legally not fit for their intended use. There could also be a legal argument made for fraud at that point.

They should do the right thing, and accept full responsibility for the mistake.

Running out the warranty clock, to avoid the full financial responsibility for this error, is a morally bankrupt action.

There probably is not enough of these units to involve the kind of money you need to catch the attention of a class action lawyer. But, I sure would like to see that. I suggest you try bringing it to the attention of some class action firms, and see if you can go that route Willie.

Those who have not had the failure yet, or have had the failure, and been forced to pay part, or all of the repair cost, would be potential plaintiffs. As well as, those who were lucky enough to have it fixed under warranty, but experienced loss of use.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #33  
Thank you ray66v for the information, I am going to pursue the next step. I feel it important to make tings right, and when the man from warranties poked fun at me yesterday, because I had a list of correspondents that have had the same problem, he insued that I like "made this all up". That was just enough to fuel me to go to the next level, and now I kow the term (thanks) for this as "implied warranty of fitness". I have a favor to ask from the six references I have regarding people that have had this problem. I would like to get the names, physical address, year of tracor and location of each of the six people that have responded on this blog over the past several years regarding this gear pump shaft problem. If you could email me this information (I will only retain it for the use of this event), my email is "gpedrick@hotmail.com" and the six people I know of thus far are: Tx2310, DavweCQE, combanx, Ray66v, and Aaronhoedown.
Thnak you very much, as I pursue this issue.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #34  
Thank you ray66v for the information, I am going to pursue the next step. I feel it important to make tings right, and when the man from warranties poked fun at me yesterday, because I had a list of correspondents that have had the same problem, he insued that I like "made this all up". That was just enough to fuel me to go to the next level, and now I kow the term (thanks) for this as "implied warranty of fitness". I have a favor to ask from the six references I have regarding people that have had this problem. I would like to get the names, physical address, year of tracor and location of each of the six people that have responded on this blog over the past several years regarding this gear pump shaft problem. If you could email me this information (I will only retain it for the use of this event), my email is "gpedrick@hotmail.com" and the six people I know of thus far are: Tx2310, DavweCQE, combanx, Ray66v, and Aaronhoedown.
Thnak you very much, as I pursue this issue.

Add: Name and aprox. date of failure:

David644 ......7/12
Dans12345 .....10/11
HKnapp ......8/08

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #35  
Ray, are all these failures prior to MY 2006, if you know? This is getting interesting. I wish the best of luck to digginwillie; seems like this really needs to be addressed at the MFR level. irvingj

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #36  
Ray, are all these failures prior to MY 2006, if you know? This is getting interesting. I wish the best of luck to digginwillie; seems like this really needs to be addressed at the MFR level. irvingj

Yes, they seem to be all 2005's.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #38  
Darn. My GC2310 is a 2005. Has anyone been keeping track of the hours on the tractors where the part failed?

175 to about 450, seems to be my recollection of the hour range.

Only MF seems to know for sure which ones were built this way, and they ain't talking about it out loud.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #39  
Just curious - on your repair bill - how much much did the new shaft and pump gear cost ? I have a 2004 TLB model with 600 hours on the clock. So far it works good. My dealer is 'history' any repairs would done by me.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #40  
My MF tractor had > 900 hrs when the part failed completely, however there were intermittent signs of failure prior to those hours. A conversation last week with technical rep. at "AGCO Answers" explained some of the issue this way, with the earlier shaft only 12mm long, and splash lubrication (not pressure lubrication which would require more cost and complexity, not typical of any small tractor), the idle speed needs to be at least 1/2 throttle or greater at all times, to ensure the "splash" method provides adequate lbrication between the shaft/spline connection. With the newer shaft length of 20mm, the splash method has a better probability of lubricating, however still important to run tractor at greater than 1/2 idle speed, especially mowing or backhoeing. That explanation made sense, and was glad to receive it from knowledgeable technical rep. I would still like to pursue the problem that Massey did not pay for these repairs of existing machines, but have only heard from 2 individuals, other than myself with their repair bill amounts and year of tractor. Thanks.