GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #1  

DaveCQE

Tractor
2004 Massey Ferguson GC 2310
I purchaced a used MF GC2310 with about 400 hours on it. This past weekend I was using the loader bucket to remove some sod on my lawn when the hydraulic system stopped working. This affected the PTO, three point lift, and loader, the only thing still working is the hydrostatic transmission. The steering also seemed not to work well but that may have been caused by needing to drag the bucket while backing off the yard. I checked to make sure a good connection was made for the two hoses that connect to the backhoe and that it had hydraulic fluid, and looked to see if I had any hydraulic leaks, which I dont see any. Are there two hydraulic pumps, one for the drive and one for the accessories, or only one pump? Any thoughts why things arent working? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #2  
I believe there is only one pump.

Hopefully it is a simple fix like a check valve.

The backhoe still works?

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem
I hope it is not a expensive fix, I cant afford much right now. I am not positive if the backhoe works, I expect it not to work, but with the rest of the hydraulics out I expect it wouldnt work, and right now it is not connected to the tractor. Thanks for your help!

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #4  
Be sure and check all QC connections. I had one once that looked good but didn't quite make and it gave me some of the same problems. Since it has only 1 pump it is a bad connection or blockage some where.

Doug

That sounds cheaper than a new pump, any ideas on the most likely places for this to occur? Thanks!

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #6  
When you bought your tractor did you by any chance do a service on it.Hows the hydralic filter and the pick up tube screen.If you haven't changed or serviced these parts maybe its time???.If you still have tractor movement how good is it,full power or sluggish?? Power steering does it feel normal?? Like mentioned above maybe try and remove all your hose's quick connectors and re connect them,could be one isn't quite locked down like its supposed to be.Let us know what you find.Were here to try and help and like everyone else the cheapest fixes are the best kind,Larry

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #7  
When you bought your tractor did you by any chance do a service on it.Hows the hydralic filter and the pick up tube screen.If you haven't changed or serviced these parts maybe its time???.

Maybe it's time to service them. But, 400 hrs. is not going be a long enough period, for them to be in such bad condition that the system would fail.

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #8  
Okay, you said you do not have the backhoe on.

When did you take the backhoe off?
Do you have 2 hoses for the backhoe, or 3?
What did you do with the hoses on the tractor, when you removed the backhoe?

I did a service on it at 440 hours where I drained out the hydraulic reservior, replaced the canister filter and removed, cleaned and replaced the tube screen and put new fluid which I bought from a MF Dealer, the tractor has about 500 hrs on it currently. The Tractor movement feels normal, the steering was hard to tell since dragging the bucket, but I thought it was slugish. I had removed my backhoe about 30-45 min before the problem began, it is a two hose system, and I have confirmed proper connection together between the two lines that would feed the backhoe. After removing the backhoe I put a backblade on and ran the machine for about 20 min. As I was using the bucket to scrape/remove sod I heard a sound which I had thought was the sound of a hydraulic line bursting, I immediately shut the machine down expecting to see fluid all over, but I could not find any signs of a line bursting or puddles of hydraulic fluid. Thanks for your help and words of wisdom!

/ GC2310 Hydraulic System Problem #10  
When you removed the backhoe, did you re-connect the return line?

On mine, I need to connect the blue & yellow to each other any time the backhoe is off...

I know you said it was a two hose system, but...

Attachments

• DSC01823.JPG
    DSC01823.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 2,368