1533 4 wheel drive will not engage

/ 1533 4 wheel drive will not engage #1  

Sap Masta

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1533
I have a Massey 1533 with 235 hrs. I took it out of 4 wheel drive a while back and now it doesn't seem to want to go back in. I have had everything in neutral - no go... clutch depressed as well... Then I tried "feathering" it in with a little while releasing the clutch slowly in low gear. No go.

Any thoughts?

/ 1533 4 wheel drive will not engage #2  
Does the shift lever travel through its range of motion? It's a fairly straight forward shift mechanism. If it's bound, it could be the sliding gear on the shaft or a bound mechanism. The lever rotates and transmits via a link to a shaft on a shift fork. The shift fork slides a gear on the front driving shaft.

/ 1533 4 wheel drive will not engage
Thanks very much - I got it - operator error involved!!

/ 1533 4 wheel drive will not engage #4  
I have an MF1529 and it recently quit going into four wheel drive. I finally looked underneath the front assembly and found the front drive shaft cover tube. I slid the tube back and found a 3 inch splined coupler that had backed away from the front spindle. It is held in by a snap ring that had slipped causing the coupler to disengage the spindle from the drive shaft. I reinserted the coupler and snap ring and it works fine now.