Changed the fluid in the front axle. Can we say coffe with creamer

/ Changed the fluid in the front axle. Can we say coffe with creamer #1  

2LateIWon

Silver Member
Tractor
AGCO/CAT Challenger MT275
Yeah it was pretty bad. I pulled the 2 drain holes and milky oil came out. I did check to see if the gaskets around the fill plug were bad but they seem pretty good. So I wonder where the water came from. The axle is dry as a bone on the out side. Oh well I drained it all out and flushed it with some
10W40 Then filled it back up with the recommended hydraulic/tranny oil.

And to think I was going to skip doing this and put it off to the next couple of weeks.

/ Changed the fluid in the front axle. Can we say coffe with creamer #2  
Which model tractor?

/ Changed the fluid in the front axle. Can we say coffe with creamer
sorry Challenger MT275

/ Changed the fluid in the front axle. Can we say coffe with creamer #4  
Had it been a long time since the axle fluid was changed? Had the tractor sat outside, unused, for an extended period of time?

It only had 312hrs on it. And that was when I bought it. Only reason I changed it was because of the 300hr service called for it to be done. All other fluids were very clean ( I was worried about a flood tractor) Don't know about the use.

/ Changed the fluid in the front axle. Can we say coffe with creamer #6  
"( I was worried about a flood tractor)" --Does this mean it may have been at least partially submerged? That could definitely lead to water in the axle; I suspect the seals there show wear (and could allow ingress of water) sooner than the HST, not to mention the axle vent on the fill cap.

It may be, as long as you don't use it as a submarine, that the fluid change is all that was needed, and should be OK now.

LOL yeah lets hope.