50 hour service due :)

/ 50 hour service due :) #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Bitter sweet moment for me. I've done some searching and found there is a way to perform service without removing the tire. One other suggested using a magnet to clean out any remaining shards.

My dealership sold me oil and transmission fluid under the CASE IHlabel-it is what they recommended, any good? They also gave me all the filters needed, one thing I question though is-they said it was not necassary to change the front axle fluid-just check it?

Are there any pictures or other tips that may help me out?

/ 50 hour service due :) #2  
Bitter sweet moment for me. I've done some searching and found there is a way to perform service without removing the tire. One other suggested using a magnet to clean out any remaining shards.

My dealership sold me oil and transmission fluid under the CASE IHlabel-it is what they recommended, any good? They also gave me all the filters needed, one thing I question though is-they said it was not necassary to change the front axle fluid-just check it?

Are there any pictures or other tips that may help me out?

I would change the front axle lube, and here is why. They factory fill it with Permatran, and (even my dealer) suggested an EP Gear lube. I put in synthetic 75W90. Plus, it will get out any of the small filings from break in, that may (or may not) be in there.

The Case oil should meet the spec. I will probably be using Petro Canada Duratran synthetic on our next service.

/ 50 hour service due :) #3  
Change it, Put gearlube in too. Your manual will say to change it for the initial service as well.

/ 50 hour service due :) #4  
No, you don't HAVE to change anything other than the engine oil. Manufacturers are starting to eliminate the 50 hrs. service from their schedules.

Myself, I would change everything.

I suggest using either Permatran III, or Amsoil ATH in the trans. Both have been proven to be trouble free, some have reported issues when they tried other fluids. If you want to try the Case fluid, and be the guinea pig, let us know how it worked out.

I would also switch to synthetic EP gear lube in the front, and use synthetic grease. Both are are only a couple bucks more than mineral, and perform better.

/ 50 hour service due :)
Thanks Everyone,
I completed the 50 hours servers (except for the front axle which will be done by the end of year) on Saturday. It was alot easier than I thought, took me 5 hours but that was because I was doing other things like beer, working on lawn mower and getting stung by wasps while trying to take out some nests.

In the owners manual, by the way, the pictures are backwards. I had a little bit of trouble locating the strainer bolt and I noticed the fuel bowl doesn't fill up all the way even after bleeding the air out.

I was hoping to see alot of shards removed from the strainer, but even with the magnet it came out empty. The reason I was hoping this was because of the hydraulic shuddering. Oh well, I'll tackle that later.

I also removed the left rear tire to remove the strainer-made it much easier.

In conclusion, if I can do it-anyone can :)

/ 50 hour service due :) #6  
Thanks Everyone,
I completed the 50 hours servers (except for the front axle which will be done by the end of year) on Saturday. It was alot easier than I thought, took me 5 hours but that was because I was doing other things like beer, working on lawn mower and getting stung by wasps while trying to take out some nests.

In the owners manual, by the way, the pictures are backwards. I had a little bit of trouble locating the strainer bolt and I noticed the fuel bowl doesn't fill up all the way even after bleeding the air out.

I was hoping to see alot of shards removed from the strainer, but even with the magnet it came out empty. The reason I was hoping this was because of the hydraulic shuddering. Oh well, I'll tackle that later.

I also removed the left rear tire to remove the strainer-made it much easier.

In conclusion, if I can do it-anyone can :)

We leave the fuel filter housing slightly loose, and let the fuel fill the filter up, actually let the feul run out of the filter housing, then tighten.