Massey Ferguson 4225

/ Massey Ferguson 4225 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello Massey Ferguson guys. I am the proud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif new owner of a 1998 Massey Ferguson 4225 MFWD tractor and Westendorf FEL.

Has any out there had any experience with this tractor pro or con?

I purchased the tractor from Missouri with 388 hours and in near perfect condition. The paint and all the mechanicals do not even appear weathered or worn at all. The tires even have 75 to 80 percent of their tread left.

I grew up around MF tractors in the 70's starting with a MF135 & FEL, then an MF30 Industrial followed by 2 MF 31 industrials 1 with FEL and 1 without.

We never had a moments trouble with those tractors. They always were ready to work as long as I was.

/ Massey Ferguson 4225 #2  
Nailerguy,

Can't help you much on the tractor but congrat's. I am new to the TBN group but have had lots of fun here. I am sure you will find the tractor to be a good tractor. There is many of them out there and all great. Have fun with it and get some picture of it and post them.

Welcome to TBN

murph

/ Massey Ferguson 4225 #3  
I had a chance to glance at one at my nearby mf dealer, althought it was a tad expensive for our needs (nursery), it looked like a heavy built utility machine and featured a very strong loader (1038). Suffise to say MF relibility is second to none. A 4225 will outperform the equilvalent john deere 5320. Congratulations on the aquisition, you have my first choice in the ultimate utility machine.

Alex

/ Massey Ferguson 4225 #4  
Did a little searching and found this nice picture for those who are not familiar.

Alex

Attachments

• 240311-MF4225.JPG
    240311-MF4225.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,601
   / Massey Ferguson 4225
Hey guys, thanks for the replys. My tractor was delivered on Friday from Waterloo, Iowa. It was picked up from Carrol County Equipment in New Carrolton Missouri 2 1/2 weeks ago and after several delays, it is finally here /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif . As soon as I clean it up a bit, I will post some pictures. As it sits now, you can't hardly tell what color it is for the road salt and dirt from the storms the truck driver had to drive through to get it here. I found the tractor by doing a search on www.machinerylink.com.

I don't know if the picture and ad are still there or if they have been removed. The listing has been removed from the dealer that I purchased the tractor from.

Thanks again
Nailerguy