No steering under load

/ No steering under load #1  

Darell1

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 40 Industrial
I had the hydraulic ram leaking on the left side. Removed it and replaced inner seals. Had it off the ground and the steering worked. Turned it full left and right to get air out. Lowered the tractor and the steering wheel turns and turns, but the wheels do not. :confused:

/ No steering under load
This is a full hydraulic system.

I put the wheels off the ground again yesterday and turned the steering wheel. When I turned it full left, the steering wheel came to a stop. When I turned it full right, the steering wheel will just keep on turning, no stop.

/ No steering under load #4  
I would back track on your repair. maybe a damaged seal in the ram you was in or crossed lines. I have also seen the pump will air lock if the fill plug is installed before it has all the air blead out. but from what you said in your second post i would back track the repair.

/ No steering under load
HI Bill
Thanks for the info. I will take the cylinder back off and pull it apart again. I know I did not cross the lines because I did mark them as I am getting older and can't remember everthing. Will keep you informed of the outcome. Probably will know by early next week.

/ No steering under load #6  
Normally on hydrostatic steering, keep working the steering wheel and keep checking your fluid. The air will work its way out and the steering will start working as the air is replaced with fluid.