/ clutch problem #1  

dugano339

Tractor
case 580d
1955 model B runs good and shifted o.k. now the clutch won't disengage

/ clutch problem #2  
1955 model B

Assuming its a model B Allis.

Need a little more information but going from what I understand.

The tractor was shifting o.k. and now the clutch is not disengaging.
My guess is that it was probably parked you came out later on and it won't disengage.

The way I solved this problem on my Sc was to put it in gear while it was off and start it in gear chained to a stump or solid object an give it a good pull with the clutch disengaged so it breaks (spins) it free. Keep a hand on the kill switch just in case it wanted to go over backwards. Worked like a charm. Now I park it with the clutch disengaged.

Good luck and be safe.

/ clutch problem #3  
Assuming its a model B Allis.

Need a little more information but going from what I understand.

The tractor was shifting o.k. and now the clutch is not disengaging.
My guess is that it was probably parked you came out later on and it won't disengage.

The way I solved this problem on my Sc was to put it in gear while it was off and start it in gear chained to a stump or solid object an give it a good pull with the clutch disengaged so it breaks (spins) it free. Keep a hand on the kill switch just in case it wanted to go over backwards. Worked like a charm. Now I park it with the clutch disengaged.

Good luck and be safe.
Can't happen according to the armchair engineers in this thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/215952-preventing-tractor-back-flip.html

/ clutch problem #4  
Sorry I was trying to refer to when the tractor tires start to spin and the operator gets jerked around as the tractor is trying to get more traction.

Last edited:
   / clutch problem #5  
Sorry I was trying to refer to when the tractor tires start to spin and the operator gets jerked around as the tractor is trying to get more traction.
No need to apologize, you gave good advice about hitting the kill switch.

I apologize for linking to that thread.

Isn't there a safer way to get the clutch to disengage, that does sound kinda dangerous?

/ clutch problem #6  
Isn't there a safer way to get the clutch to disengage, that does sound kinda dangerous?

There is other ways. I found the previous method the easiest. Another method that involves driving the tractor is to put it in gear the same way as before but engage the breaks. This method didn't work for me as the tractor put out a grunt and kept on movin.

If the tractor has inspection holes you can try prying the plates apart but risk breaking one.

I'm sure others have more methods.

Last edited: