Hydraulic hookup GC2400

/ Hydraulic hookup GC2400 #1  

jterrell

I want to put hydraulic hookups at the rear of my GC2400 to run a wood splitter. Anyone ever tried this? There are hookups for the FEL above the right floorboard. Could I use that connection and just extend the hoses to the rear of the tractor? The wood splitter already has a valve to operate the ram.

/ Hydraulic hookup GC2400 #2  
I am pretty sure you can use the return line to that valve.

Extend the return line to the back of the tractor then run a line from the back of the tractor to the return line spot on the valve under the floorboard. You will then have to have a small hose to connect the 2 lines at the back of the tractor when the splitter is not on.

/ Hydraulic hookup GC2400 #3  
jterrell said:
I want to put hydraulic hookups at the rear of my GC2400 to run a wood splitter. Anyone ever tried this? There are hookups for the FEL above the right floorboard. Could I use that connection and just extend the hoses to the rear of the tractor? The wood splitter already has a valve to operate the ram.

Does it have a loader?? If not, is there a loop connecting those lines together?

We did the same on our 1523, just had to shut tractor off, hook splitter up, and the same to disconnect.

With out the loop, with the tractor running, you will dead head the pump.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic hookup GC2400
Thanks. And yes, it has a Front End Loader.

I got the two hoses for my GC2400. They are 8 ft. in length, 1/4 in. hose and they connect to the Front End Loader quick connects. Hooked up the wood splitter and it worked like a charm. I do not know what brand the splitter is (no brand name on it) but it is very heavy duty and I'm guessing about a 20 ton ram. Well I split wood for a day and a half and it worked great. I split some large logs, 2 1/2 ft. across, with no problems. RPM's were at 1800 and it either split the log or cut through the knots. Very pleased and unlike a gas log splitter I never had to stop and fill the gas tank. I may have used 1/8th of a tank.

/ Hydraulic hookup GC2400 #6  
I got the two hoses for my GC2400. They are 8 ft. in length, 1/4 in. hose and they connect to the Front End Loader quick connects. Hooked up the wood splitter and it worked like a charm. I do not know what brand the splitter is (no brand name on it) but it is very heavy duty and I'm guessing about a 20 ton ram. Well I split wood for a day and a half and it worked great. I split some large logs, 2 1/2 ft. across, with no problems. RPM's were at 1800 and it either split the log or cut through the knots. Very pleased and unlike a gas log splitter I never had to stop and fill the gas tank. I may have used 1/8th of a tank.

Can you explain ir post a picture of where you hooked your lines up at? I have a GC2600 and want to do the same thing. Thanks

The two hoses connect on the right side at the quick connects (red and blue hoses) for the Front End Loader on the top and bottom inside connectors. You then have to hold the joystick lift control down. I used a bungee chord. This is so you can use the ram controller on the woodsplitter to activate the ram.

Last edited:
6hhp2w.jpg

2ldhzt.jpg

zy99b7.jpg

/ Hydraulic hookup GC2400 #9  
Thanks, thats what I thought you meant but wasn't sure. Now to find a log splitter. I just got finished hooking up a JD 54 inch blade so now I have power up, down and angle. Amazing machines!