PTO Sound When Engaged

/ PTO Sound When Engaged #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi,
I just engaged my mid and rear PTO for the very first time just out of curiousity. No problems to engage or disengaged but when I first engage either one I hear a rapid clicking noise that sounds like the wheel of fortune whel spinning. Then it goes away-is this normal?

/ PTO Sound When Engaged #2  
Mine doesn't make any sound like that...but that doesn't mean it isn't normal on your Massey-Ferguson.
Easiest way to find out is run down to your dealer and ask them to engage the PTO on another GC2410.

/ PTO Sound When Engaged #3  
Hi,
I just engaged my mid and rear PTO for the very first time just out of curiousity. No problems to engage or disengaged but when I first engage either one I hear a rapid clicking noise that sounds like the wheel of fortune whel spinning. Then it goes away-is this normal?

I don't have that noise. I use mine with the KK rotary cutter. Do you have anything attached to the PTO? Maybe just freewheeling, w/o something attached it does that.

/ PTO Sound When Engaged
I don't have that noise. I use mine with the KK rotary cutter. Do you have anything attached to the PTO? Maybe just freewheeling, w/o something attached it does that.

Thanks-nothing yet. Just trying it to make sure it works.

/ PTO Sound When Engaged #5  
I had this happen on my Kubota L2800 HST and called the dealer. He said it was normal. I am new to tractors though.

/ PTO Sound When Engaged #6  
I have a GC2310 and it sounds like what you describe when the main PTO lever is engaged without any of the other two levers (540 & 2000).

I posted the question here a while back and concluded that it was normal. My tractor is now over 500 hours and still works like a charm if this can reassure you.

/ PTO Sound When Engaged #7  
I have no clicking noises from mine with either PTO engaged.........and no noises when operating both PTO's at the same time.

/ PTO Sound When Engaged #8  
Ditto Max2310: Mine will make that clicking noise as well, but only if the PTO clutch lever is engaged without one of the two speed levers engaged.

Solution- I engage either the 540 or the 2000 first, followed by the clutch lever, and disengage in the reverse order. No odd noises then....:D

/ PTO Sound When Engaged
Thanks