Oil & Fuel MF135 OIL

/ MF135 OIL #1  

jingle135

Tractor
MF135
i drained the oil on my MF135 as I've put a Trumpet Housing Gasket on the rear half shaft. i need to fill with oil but i cant find where to fill or how much to put in? help is needed as i cant make head or tail out of the workshop manual. thanks.

/ MF135 OIL #2  
i drained the oil on my MF135 as I've put a Trumpet Housing Gasket on the rear half shaft. i need to fill with oil but i cant find where to fill or how much to put in? help is needed as i cant make head or tail out of the workshop manual. thanks.

Fill hole is a hex head plug right next to shifter levers.

Fill from COMPLETELY empty is just shy of 8 gallons. SLight overfill isn't the end of the world. Make certain you're starting from empty by removing BOTH drain plugs underneath tranny/rear end. Leaving one or the other leaves about 1-1/4 gal undrained.

There is also a dipstick on the inspection plate next the where your right heel would ride while feet are on the running board. Fill to marked level on the dipstick if any question....

Just for the record, I prefer Pennzoil Hy-Tran....Been using that in my MF150 (Same tranny/hydraulics/rear end as your 135) since first change about a year after I bought it new....(change circa 1972....) Nothing but excellent service since.

/ MF135 OIL
Big thanks. I found what you described and have now sorted the oil. i can move on with the rest of my restoration! thanks again.