3-Point Hitch Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem

/ Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem #1  

doddsjzi

Tractor
Kubota L2550
Got a new 1635 with backhoe and loader 5 weeks ago, and all has worked well, until two days ago when I disconnected the backhoe for the first time, with no trouble (with manual in hand, though.) Then followed backhoe manual instructions and connected rear hydraulics pressure line (only hose of the 3 with a male tip) to the rightmost of the two couplers on the bracket. This is supposed to provide hydraulics to the 3 point hitch, but didn't. After a lot of head scratching and reconnecting this connection, took it back to dealer. Soon determined the center hose and the left hose were reversed, as well as the right hose being longer than specified--it had been used in place of one of the other two hoses. Apparently came from the factory this way. Dealer quickly corrected all this and now everything is great. Not sure how backhoe worked with the original setup, but I'm ignorant about hydraulics.

/ Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem #2  
Got a new 1635 with backhoe and loader 5 weeks ago, and all has worked well, until two days ago when I disconnected the backhoe for the first time, with no trouble (with manual in hand, though.) Then followed backhoe manual instructions and connected rear hydraulics pressure line (only hose of the 3 with a male tip) to the rightmost of the two couplers on the bracket. This is supposed to provide hydraulics to the 3 point hitch, but didn't. After a lot of head scratching and reconnecting this connection, took it back to dealer. Soon determined the center hose and the left hose were reversed, as well as the right hose being longer than specified--it had been used in place of one of the other two hoses. Apparently came from the factory this way. Dealer quickly corrected all this and now everything is great. Not sure how backhoe worked with the original setup, but I'm ignorant about hydraulics.

I bet those hoses are installed by dealer, and the mistake happened here in USA not Japan.

HS

/ Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem
Couldn't say--I wasn't there when it was built--though a possibility. If so, then dealer lied, which I've not known him to do in the past. I know if I was a dealer and I planned to sell a tractor with FEL and backhoe, I'd rather get it already put together than have my shop spend time assemblying it--' course, maybe the latter pays better. Out of curiosity, wonder if there's any assembly of subunits--loaders, backhoes, etc.,to tractors in the Georgia distribution facility. A mute point, I guess.

/ Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem #4  
I bet those hoses are installed by dealer, and the mistake happened here in USA not Japan.

HS
I am in process of buying a new 1635 with FEL from my dealer stock. I am also getting a backhoe, which he had to order, and I KNOW he will be installing. I will be on the lookout for the hose problem. Thanks for the tip!

nvm

/ Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem
It's a nice combination--I'll bet you'll enjoy using it. I've sure been happy with mine.