Tractor
    Kubota L2550

Default Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem

Got a new 1635 with backhoe and loader 5 weeks ago, and all has worked well, until two days ago when I disconnected the backhoe for the first time, with no trouble (with manual in hand, though.) Then followed backhoe manual instructions and connected rear hydraulics pressure line (only hose of the 3 with a male tip) to the rightmost of the two couplers on the bracket. This is supposed to provide hydraulics to the 3 point hitch, but didn't. After a lot of head scratching and reconnecting this connection, took it back to dealer. Soon determined the center hose and the left hose were reversed, as well as the right hose being longer than specified--it had been used in place of one of the other two hoses. Apparently came from the factory this way. Dealer quickly corrected all this and now everything is great. Not sure how backhoe worked with the original setup, but I'm ignorant about hydraulics.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Default Re: Massey Ferguson 1635 hydraulic problem

Quote Originally Posted by doddsjzi View Post
    Got a new 1635 with backhoe and loader 5 weeks ago, and all has worked well, until two days ago when I disconnected the backhoe for the first time, with no trouble (with manual in hand, though.) Then followed backhoe manual instructions and connected rear hydraulics pressure line (only hose of the 3 with a male tip) to the rightmost of the two couplers on the bracket. This is supposed to provide hydraulics to the 3 point hitch, but didn't. After a lot of head scratching and reconnecting this connection, took it back to dealer. Soon determined the center hose and the left hose were reversed, as well as the right hose being longer than specified--it had been used in place of one of the other two hoses. Apparently came from the factory this way. Dealer quickly corrected all this and now everything is great. Not sure how backhoe worked with the original setup, but I'm ignorant about hydraulics.
    I bet those hoses are installed by dealer, and the mistake happened here in USA not Japan.

HS

Tractor
    Kubota L2550

Couldn't say--I wasn't there when it was built--though a possibility. If so, then dealer lied, which I've not known him to do in the past. I know if I was a dealer and I planned to sell a tractor with FEL and backhoe, I'd rather get it already put together than have my shop spend time assemblying it--' course, maybe the latter pays better. Out of curiosity, wonder if there's any assembly of subunits--loaders, backhoes, etc.,to tractors in the Georgia distribution facility. A mute point, I guess.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson/1635

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott View Post
    I bet those hoses are installed by dealer, and the mistake happened here in USA not Japan.

HS
    I am in process of buying a new 1635 with FEL from my dealer stock. I am also getting a backhoe, which he had to order, and I KNOW he will be installing. I will be on the lookout for the hose problem. Thanks for the tip!

nvm

Tractor
    Kubota L2550

It's a nice combination--I'll bet you'll enjoy using it. I've sure been happy with mine.