To20 axle seals replacment

/ To20 axle seals replacment #1  

sgblazer2

Tractor
massey 135
i am thinking about purchasing a massey to20 from a local guy and he is telling me that the axles seals need to be replaced, because they are leaking onto the brakes and causing it to brake poorly. it seems pretty straight foward to me, unbolt the hub assembly and remove the axle (similar to a ford 9"), press off bearing and replace seals, but a friend of mine said there may be shims on the inside of the case and they may fall when removing the axle. is this true or is it pretty straight foward?

thanks for any help, for this is going to be my first tractor

/ To20 axle seals replacment #2  
It's an easy job. The inner seal is usually the one leaking though.. no need to press off a bearing in that case. But the brake shoes will be toast and must be replaced. the axle housing seal is cheap, the brakes are not.

/ To20 axle seals replacment
It's an easy job. The inner seal is usually the one leaking though.. no need to press off a bearing in that case. But the brake shoes will be toast and must be replaced. the axle housing seal is cheap, the brakes are not.

glad to hear its a easy fix! i priced shoes on ebay and they are around $65, is that a goo price?

/ To20 axle seals replacment #4  
glad to hear its a easy fix! i priced shoes on ebay and they are around $65, is that a goo price?

No, go to the yesterday's tractor site. I think they're 55.00 and the shipping is cheap. they have the seals too