GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #11  
I'm a little surprisedthat any sub compact tractor owner would consider using Fram oil filters in their units. 25 and 30 years ago Fram oil filters were a great choice . . . but Fram and many brands made by Fram are not what they were.

The many oil filters out there have been tested repeatedly and quite publicly in comprehensive ways. Some of the best ratings in these comprehensive testing scenarios went to brands like pure/purolator and wix etc. and then a couple high end companies. Fram and its numerous private label products faired poorly by comparison for more than a decade or more.

But don't believe me . . ask at the auto parts stores or in any of the published tests . . there are plenty to choose to see their rankings.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #12  
I don't use Fram. I just use their cross reference. I only use Wix or Motorcraft filter.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #13  
I don't use Fram. I just use their cross reference. I only use Wix or Motorcraft filter.

I have a 79 Toyota Supra I'd like to sell this summer . . I had a couple of Fram filters for that vehicle I'd bought 25 years ago I was looking at just the other day. Heavier built and better machining on the outside . . . I can only imagine the internal crimps and filter components are quite different too :)

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers
Thanks for your input.

In order for this thread to be a good resource for GC owners, it will help greatly to keep it on subject.

There are lots of threads on TBN discussing Fram oil filters.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #15  
Are there any aftermarket hydraulic filters for the GC1700 series?

Are there any aftermarket hydraulic filters for the GC1700 series?

None that I have seen.

There are not any made for the earlier GC's, and there are more of those.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #17  
I just purchased a hydro filter last week and your part number listed is missing a "9". Here is the correct number

Transmission/Hydraulic Filter 4265229M91

I just purchased a hydro filter last week and your part number listed is missing a "9". Here is the correct number

Transmission/Hydraulic Filter 4265229M91

Thanks John. 4265229M1 wasn't incorrect, 4265229M91 has since superseded it.

They do that, they never say why.

Either number will get you there.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #19  
That was then, this is now. The FRAM Ultra filters are one of the best filters on the market.

I'm a little surprisedthat any sub compact tractor owner would consider using Fram oil filters in their units. 25 and 30 years ago Fram oil filters were a great choice . . . but Fram and many brands made by Fram are not what they were.

The many oil filters out there have been tested repeatedly and quite publicly in comprehensive ways. Some of the best ratings in these comprehensive testing scenarios went to brands like pure/purolator and wix etc. and then a couple high end companies. Fram and its numerous private label products faired poorly by comparison for more than a decade or more.

But don't believe me . . ask at the auto parts stores or in any of the published tests . . there are plenty to choose to see their rankings.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #20  
That was then, this is now. The FRAM Ultra filters are one of the best filters on the market.

Interesting point . . but now for the point of evaluation . . what is the price of a Fram Ultra for a Kubota bx 2370 or a Massey GC1710 and how does that compare to a wix or a mopar?