3-Point Hitch GC2410 and BB

/ GC2410 and BB #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Jus thought i'd share my experience as a newby on using the tractor with a boxblade. I purchased a 48" BB from the Tractor Supply Store-Cycle Country I think its called.

First off-please don't do what I did-do read the owners manual on removing the BH and installing the BH. I missed two important parts-raise the PTO shield and adjust the bottom turn buckles.

When installing the BB you need to adjust the bottom turn bucles so that the BB is level(unless you want to dig a trench) and so that the BB doesnt sway causing the 3PH to hit the BH frame (I learned this the hard way) and cause the 3PH to spread open and bend the BB lower attachment brackets. Yes I bent the BB lower attachment outwards by about an inch even though the metal is 3\8 thick.

During usage-check all the pins, clips and bolts, I lost a clip and realized that most of the bolts were loose only after I removed the BB for the winter. Raising the BB was not smooth on my tractor so you'll have to tap it to height, lowering was no problem thanks to the adjustment knob.

Using the BB is a sciene in its own-got about 18 hours on mine and I still have alot of learning to do. My BB has a front and rear blade so adjustments on how quickly it digs in when pulling or pushing is done by the upper link. I moved about 15-14 yard truckloads of sand and found the BB a little cumbersome at times-the tractor had plenty of power but I always had traction problems thanks partly to the turf tires and the soft sand. Maybe chains would have helped?

When raising the 3PH with the ROPS down-be careful because the top linkage will hit the ROPS, hopefully I learned my lesson there now :)

Finally, when installing the BH, of course-raise the PTO shield IAW the manual and tilt the BH forward so that the bottom pins sit in the cradle first.

I think with alot more practice I will be able to use the BB more effectivley and hopefully shy away from using the FEL to back drag or push dirt to reduce damage to the pistons.

Feel free to comment or add any advice to the thread-its more than welcomed.

Last edited:
   / GC2410 and BB #2  
Jus thought i'd share my experience as a newby on using the tractor with a boxblade. I purchased a 48" BB from the Tractor Supply Store-Cycle Country I think its called.

First off-please don't do what I did-do read the owners manual on removing the BH and installing the BH. I missed two important parts-raise the PTO shield and adjust the bottom turn buckles.

When installing the BB you need to adjust the bottom turn bucles so that the BB is level(unless you want to dig a trench) and so that the BB doesnt sway causing the 3PH to hit the BH frame (I learned this the hard way) and cause the 3PH to spread open and bend the BB lower attachment brackets. Yes I bent the BB lower attachment outwards by about an inch even though the metal is 3\8 thick.

During usage-check all the pins, clips and bolts, I lost a clip and realized that most of the bolts were loose only after I removed the BB for the winter. Raising the BB was not smooth on my tractor so you'll have to tap it to height, lowering was no problem thanks to the adjustment knob.

Using the BB is a sciene in its own-got about 18 hours on mine and I still have alot of learning to do. My BB has a front and rear blade so adjustments on how quickly it digs in when pulling or pushing is done by the upper link. I moved about 15-14 yard truckloads of sand and found the BB a little cumbersome at times-the tractor had plenty of power but I always had traction problems thanks partly to the turf tires and the soft sand. Maybe chains would have helped?

When raising the 3PH with the ROPS down-be careful because the top linkage will hit the ROPS, hopefully I learned my lesson there now :)

Finally, when installing the BH, of course-raise the PTO shield IAW the manual and tilt the BH forward so tha the bottom pins sit in the cradle first.

I think with alot more practive I will be able to use the BB more effectivley and hopefully shy away from using the FEL to back drag or push dirt to reduce damage to the pistons.

Feel free to comment or add any advice to the thread-its more than welcomed.

I don't think anything will help you get traction in sand, it is too loose. AG tires even spin.

I don't see that back dragging, or pushing dirt with the bucket will damage the cylinders. These little machines don't have that much power. I use mine like that all the time, I even have a ratchet rake on mine. And you know my luck!!

And be careful when backing into a gravel or dirt pile (or a round bale:ashamed:)with the BB, I bent my lower links by doing that.

/ GC2410 and BB #3  
cdaigle-- I made a couple of 3/16" steel straps, for use with pins, to hold the ROPs up just a bit when using the 3PH. WOrks well to keep the 3PH linkage from hitting. Simple, cheap, effective.:D

Attachments

• DSC03498.JPG
    DSC03498.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC03500.JPG
    DSC03500.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 207
   / GC2410 and BB
Thanks Wacky, how is the rachet rake working out? I had to choose between a 3ph rear Blade, BB and Rake but chose the BB. Dealerships were pushing and recommending the rake over the other two.

Thanks IrvingJ, that looks like a solution to me :)

/ GC2410 and BB #5  
cdaigle- here's a better shot of my "latch." It's long enough to hold the ROPs up/out just enough so the 3PH arms won't hit it. I use the ROPs pins on one end, and purchased another pair for the other end.

I used a cutting torch to notch the bottom edge to accomodate the edges of the ROPs "legs."

Attachments

• ROPs latch.JPG
    ROPs latch.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 143
   / GC2410 and BB #6  
Thanks Wacky, how is the rachet rake working out? I had to choose between a 3ph rear Blade, BB and Rake but chose the BB. Dealerships were pushing and recommending the rake over the other two.

Thanks IrvingJ, that looks like a solution to me :)

I used the HE** out the ratchet rake this summer. I would HIGHLY recommend it for any loader equipped tractor. Not to mention the manufacturer stands behind their equipment very well. I find out more uses for it all the time!
As for the BB....good choice. It is an all around useful attachment. I have leveled out about 1/4 acre that was an overgrown, rutted out mess. I surprised my neighbors with the power this little machine has. Now, don't get me wrong, I really push this little tractor hard, but when she says "I'm not big enough yet!" and spins her tires, I back off:thumbsup:. I maintain her with the best products and she gets bathed about once a week or two. Greased regularly and checked out thoroughly after a hard workout. Kind of the same way I treat the Mrs!;)
I generally have the BB on always with the ratchet rake, you will see why if you get one. HEAVY! 1/2 plate steel! It reinforces the bucket edge too. I have ripped out small trees, multiflora rose, russian olive, all by the roots too. Awesome little thing. I use it in combination with the BB too. To smooth out stubborn areas of the driveway and such.