Rim Guard in tires

/ Rim Guard in tires #1  

MF RED in MT

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi fellow MF owners,
I did some researching and decided to load my tires with "Rim Guard". I think it is a sugar beet product. I took all 4 tires off the tractor and dropped them off at the Rim Guard dealer and they loaded them in about a hour. They did not require tubes to be installed. If I have a minor flat tire, they say to just rotate the puntured tire to the top side and then just plug the tire the old fashion way.
9 gallons of Rim Guard for each rear tire = 97 extra pounds per tire.
4 gallons of Rim Guard for each front tire = 43 extra pounds per tire.
The total cost was about $100 to add 280 extra pounds to lower the center of gravity of the tractor, :thumbsup:. I know some will have a problem with loading the front tires, just like some will not run tire chains on the front end, but I am very easy on equipmnent, and thats my story and I am sticking to it, :laughing:. KC :D :D :D

/ Rim Guard in tires #2  
Good call........it is all about knowing your own equipment and its limits........whatever works for you. I have rimguard also in the rear tires. It is a great product.

I run chains only on my front tires.......I also am easy on it.

/ Rim Guard in tires
Hi MF GC owners,
F.Y.I. I am adding some additional information regarding Rim Guard in my 4 tractor tires, ;).
First I will explain my snowfall removal process that I have used for 3 years. This system works for me because once there is a layer of snow and ice, it does not melt until the end of April.
I always start my snow removal at the start of the season with the FEL. I lower the FEL to the ground, tilt the bucket back as far as it goes, then position the joy stick in the float mode, and begin to plow the snow forward, :cool:. This way I always begin the season leaving a layer of snow and ice that packs and lays on top of the gravel, and does not disturb any of the driveway gravel.
Last Saturday my driveway now has about a 1 to 2 inch layer of packed snow and ice on top of the gravel. Last Sunday I just installed my tire chains on all 4 tires for this season of snowfall. Since Sunday, I have removed snow from my driveway with the FEL 2 times, each time there was about 5 to 6 inches of snowfall, :licking:.
Later in the season, once I have a good layer of snow and ice, I will then switch out the FEL to my MF Dozer Blade to remove the snowfall. I follow this process because now the Dozer Blade will not disturb any of the driveway gravel, ;).
After the Dozer Blade has run it's course, which means the snow is getting to high at the edges of the driveway for the Dozer Blade to be useful, I then switch it out and install the MF snowblower.
In the Spring, I will remove the MF snowblower, switch back to the MF Dozer Blade, and then finish the season out by switching to the FEL, :cool:.
I know that is a lot of information, but maybe it will help others, :confused:.

Now back to the Rim Guard in my tires, :drool:. I have noticed this season that I can steer and drive in the direction I want to push the snow. Last year without the Rim Guard in the tires, and having the tire chains on all 4 tires, I could not steer and chage direction while pushing the snow with the FEL. The tractor would just go straight while the front tires were turned even in 4WD, :thumbsup:. I also noticed with the Rim Guard, I do not need to use the 4WD as much, :thumbsup:
KC :D :D :D

/ Rim Guard in tires #4  
100$ for the Rimguard? That seems like a pretty good price. Do others find that to be about right? I thought it cost a lot more...I'll do it for $100. :thumbsup:

/ Rim Guard in tires #5  
MF RED, do you have the ag tires, or the turf tires?

And, are you leaving the B/H on or taking it off?

Looking at the front tires, I am very skeptical about getting 4 gallons in one. Especially when you consider that Rim Guard calls for them to be filled to 75%.

/ Rim Guard in tires #7  
ray66v do you have rimguard in your 2310 tires, an do you think it's worth it.

No, I do not have Rim Guard.

I live where the land is flat. I do not have traction issues. :thumbsup:

/ Rim Guard in tires #8  
I just made an appointment to have Rim-guard installed in the rear tires of my CT120. After using the loader with the heavy tiller attached on the 3pt hitch, I decided i liked how much better the tractor worked and felt (stability). Rim-Guard is $3.75/gal about $160 for my tractor. I want the traction for snow removal and moving dirt.

/ Rim Guard in tires #9  
I bought a new tractor in 2005, and had the option to put Rim Guard in the rears. I cheaped out and went with CaCl, because of both price and past experience- I had no problems before with CaCl.

Spendy mistake- I had to replace both rear tubes last year because of rubber "rot" and stem rust- it was a mess. Needless to say- the new ones are filled with Rim Guard!