GC2300 Replacement Seat

/ GC2300 Replacement Seat #1  

vicos

Has anyone found a suitable aftermarket replacement seat for a GC2300 (MF P/N: 3605906M92)?

Paying $329 for a replacement is bad enough, but I do not want to buy another seat that is going to fail just like the first one did.

This guy on eBay is selling a K & M Unibody Professional Seat, Model# 7781, with his own bracket added to fit the GC2300 (Massey Ferguson Seat GC2300 GC2310 3605906M92 | eBay). Problem is that he wants $179 for a seat that Northern is asking $110 (K & M Unibody Professional Seat, Model# 7781 | Forklift + Material Handling Seats | Northern Tool + Equipment)

I called the K&M factory and they do not offer a direct replacement for the GC2300, although he was shocked at the price the guy was asking on eBay.

I'm not a metal fabricator, so any extensive bending or welding is not an option.

/ GC2300 Replacement Seat #2  
I have done this type of job in the past on other tractors. I believe all you would need is to make like a 10ga. plate that has a set of holes to match both the seat, and the mounting rails on the tractor. Attach it to both, and your done.

You could probably get a local fabricator to cut it to size, then all you would need is a drill, and some paint.

/ GC2300 Replacement Seat #3  
Are you sure that your current seat bracket can not be bolted directly onto the 7781 seat without much modification. There is a bolt pattern on the K & M web site and it appears there are additional mounting options from the picture posted on Ebay. Either way the brackets used by the Ebay seller are not worth 69$.

Doug