need more lifting power on loader

/ need more lifting power on loader #1  

dieselbeef

Gold Member
Tractor
bx2200..jd 2010 loader backhoe tractor
i know its a shakey topic but i need a tiny bit more to lift a roundbale with my 1250..1240? dangit whichever..

anyways i was wanting to shim the relief valve maybe since it will lift a roundbale but not high enough to stack em at least 2 high.

if i cant get this to work im gonna sell the tractor cuz it wont do the job. just bought it..when i was looking at it i tried lifting some bales they had there but obviously mine are much heavier.

ive had it all summer and its been good at everything else so i am happy with it but i need a bit more press to get the loader to lift a bit more wieght. either way im selling it cuz its obviously not big enough..back to kubotas i guess

gary

/ need more lifting power on loader #2  
i know its a shakey topic

got that right.

you couldn't be bothered figuring out what your bales weighed and then getting a machine with the loader capacity to lift them, so now it's the machine's fault?

i have a gc2410, i doubt that it will lift round bales either... maybe i should trade it for a kubota?

/ need more lifting power on loader
hey man..no need to be a jackass.
i had a bunch of bales i moved around last summer when i bought it. it wasnt like i didnt know i was gonna be moving hay. it lifted the rolls i had last yr fine. i was actually impressed how it lifted em. the hay this yr is a bigger roll and i guess alot greener and tighter.
cant control the guy whos doing the baling.i get the hay as part of a deal to background a bunch of calfs for a guy so i gotta take what i get.
i was surprised it wouldnt lft em actually. the loader seemed plenty strong

just wondering how to get by thru the winter now w/o goin crazy buying a new rig

thanks fer nothin dude.:thumbsup:

/ need more lifting power on loader #4  
i know its a shakey topic but i need a tiny bit more to lift a roundbale with my 1250..1240? dangit whichever..

anyways i was wanting to shim the relief valve maybe since it will lift a roundbale but not high enough to stack em at least 2 high.

if i cant get this to work im gonna sell the tractor cuz it wont do the job. just bought it..when i was looking at it i tried lifting some bales they had there but obviously mine are much heavier.

ive had it all summer and its been good at everything else so i am happy with it but i need a bit more press to get the loader to lift a bit more wieght. either way im selling it cuz its obviously not big enough..back to kubotas i guess

gary

The most I would do is check and see if the hydraulic pressure was at spec by pulling one of your FEL quick connect hoses loose and installing a pressure gauge. If you find the pressure is low then adjust it up to spec.:thumbsup:

/ need more lifting power on loader #5  

gary

Simple answer is yes shimming or adjusting the relief will give you more lift. Like Dex said, make sure it is to spec and in your case probably the upper limit of spec.

i would guess most of us have wished for more lift, more power, etc at some point and time.

Good luck

/ need more lifting power on loader #6  
I know its a shakey topic on this board but would you consider using a 3 point forklift mast for your heavier bales? Safer way to lift an occational heavy bale. Your 1240 has alot more lifting potential other than on the front tips of your fel. Wont get you any bragging rights on a bar stool, wont get on the cover of TBN magazine, not as sexy as a big orange fel and all the ladies that come with it, a forklift mast on your smaller tractor may have the same lifting capacity of sumthin big and orange.

/ need more lifting power on loader #7  
just wondering how to get by thru the winter now w/o goin crazy buying a new rig

somehow, i doubt anything anyone says will stop you.

far as being a jackass... i bought a tractor that meets my requirements... i don't need another one.:laughing:

and btw, you're welcome.

/ need more lifting power on loader #8  
I would test pump pressure and ensure the pump output is to spec as suggested. If the pressure relief doesn't address it, (epending on the hours) reduced pump pressures can often be addressed by shaving the pump. If on removing the pump end cap you see it scored by the pump gears, it often does a world of good to shave the pump ends if the body isn't scored badly.

/ need more lifting power on loader #9  
cant control the guy whos doing the baling.

What I hear you are saying is you do not know what size of a red tractor you might need, :confused:? I have heard of a rumor for a simple quick fix using just a few cans of orange spray paint that works similar to spinach for Popeye, :thumbsup:. Good luck in your search for a solution, KC. :D :D :D

/ need more lifting power on loader
dam you guys are stiff man.

yeah i know. but really these have got to be the heaviest bales ive ever got. theyre so tight ya cant even pull the middles out of em. great green hay...killin my tractor.

the kubota comment was only meant as a dig cuz i have one of those also..a bx2200 that kicks *** but is a bit small for the real cattle work. but man i love that little mach with a fel and mid mower..it rocks

could someone please help me with the location of the relief so to give me abit of a head start. like i say it will lift them just wont tilt them and not quite high enough to dbl stack them. right now the hay is taking up alotta floor space i the barn.

i thought of the 3 pt hitch but i still couldnt stack em. itll lift em bout 2-3 t ft high with the fel.

as for buying a new one..i really dont wanna. kubota and deere are the only dlrs here in central fl close by so its the logical choices for support and parts..but both of em ehere are very proud ..ga dlrs are much cheaper by the looks of tractor house ads

thanks for the input...now about locating that relief vale....

gary