Loader MF DL250 Loader on 2660 Tractor

/ MF DL250 Loader on 2660 Tractor #1  

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
Anybody bent one besides me ? My DL250 loader holds the bucket about 2" lower on one side than on the other. Investigation with the bucket off shows the loader itself is skewed low on one side by that amount. No welds broken, no paint cracked, no loose bolts, all pins are in right place, no clue where the bend might be. Cannot find a bent member. Looked everywhere and so did a dealer. It was NOT this way when delivered in April 2011. Apparently I used max lift while using 4wd and max push at the same time and bent the loader frame somehow. [A root or big log or boulder -- some immovable object.]

One theory (by dealer A) is to go try the same thing on the opposite side and "unbend" it which is cheap to try. The other theory (by dealer B) is that I might just do further damage, so the reverse bending is risky ... Opinions ?

Am I the only 2660 owner out there in ByNet land ? Notice there are NO other 2660 posts !

/ MF DL250 Loader on 2660 Tractor #2  
Have to ask, but are the rear tire pressures equal?

That tractor should have at least a DL 260 in my mind if you're going to be maxing it out all the time. I couldn't expect one to be mounted on a tractor with te weight & ballast of a 2660 and doing heavy work without getting messed up.

/ MF DL250 Loader on 2660 Tractor #3  
The DL250 and DL260 are both options on the 2660. The 250 with a 3000lbs capacity and the 260 with a 4000lbs capacity.
I would check and make sure that all the bolts on the loader frame are tight. I think if the set up is the same as the 1600 series the loader frames attaches to the rear axle. To check for the bend you can place the tractor on level ground and measure to certain points on the loader arms. They should be the same on each side.
Also could it be that the bucket is not attached on the mounts correctly.
Any photos of the loader.

/ MF DL250 Loader on 2660 Tractor
I have to give you credit for leaving no stone unturned with the tire pressure question. Yes they are the same. Photos from the front show the loader being tilted downward on one side relative to the front structure of the tractor, not just measured from the ground. As Mike R said, the DL250 is the typical loader sold with the tractor and the 260 is also available. Neither of two dealers has seen a bent DL250 and both have sold several on 2650/60 machines. I agree that had I known then what I know now I'd have gone with the DL260.

/ MF DL250 Loader on 2660 Tractor
The DL250 and DL260 are both options on the 2660. The 250 with a 3000lbs capacity and the 260 with a 4000lbs capacity.
I would check and make sure that all the bolts on the loader frame are tight. I think if the set up is the same as the 1600 series the loader frames attaches to the rear axle. To check for the bend you can place the tractor on level ground and measure to certain points on the loader arms. They should be the same on each side.
Also could it be that the bucket is not attached on the mounts correctly.
Any photos of the loader.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are no loose bolts. The bucket is unrelated as the loader is obviously tilted when viewed with the bucket off. The loader mount stubs are huge inch thick steel and bolted solidly to the mid frame area, not anywhere near the rear axle. I did measure to the pins at the lowest most frontal point of the laoder frame with the bucket off and one side is low by almost 2 inches. The loader is tiled from the front view relative to the frame of the front structure of the tractor so it is not tire pressure or any sort of vehicle tilt.

You are exactly right that I need to go take measurements while sitting on level pavement of the height of the loader frame at many points along the length of it. That is the only way I know to locate where the bend is . Also want to take careful measurements laterally if I can find reference points. Have not had a chance to do that yet as I live quite a distance from the tractor.