Injector pump on my MF 165

/ Injector pump on my MF 165 #1  

Mborman332

Tractor
Massey ferguson 165
Can any one help me. Can I just remove the cover and replace the seals

/ Injector pump on my MF 165 #2  
Just from reading this forum I have learned to make sure you mark its location carefully as it is timed and must go back in the same location.

/ Injector pump on my MF 165 #3  
Can any one help me. Can I just remove the cover and replace the seals

No you can't!
There a re some things you have to carefully note and reassemble the correct way. You'll need to talk to someone who has direct experience on your pump. Failing that, you'll have to to get a manual for the pump or take it to a pump shop.

/ Injector pump on my MF 165 #4  
G'day search the forums for CAV injector pump leaking and you should find some good reading. It can be done but it needs to be done with alot of care
I assume you mean it is leaking from the throttle and shutdown shaft seals?

Jon

Last edited:
   / Injector pump on my MF 165 #5  
I had some problems with mine. If your talking about the seals on the governor cover or that little side plate, then yes, you can place those. If you are going any deeper than that, then I wouldn't recommend it. From what I understand, the internals of those pumps are so sensitive that if the oils from your fingers get in there, the parts "swell" and if you get it back together, the tolerances won't be right. From what I understand though, there are timing marks on everything, making re-installation really simple. The pump goes one way into the timing gear, one bolt holding it on there, then if I remember without looking, two bolts holding the pump on the motor. There is a timing mark around the top bolt, I think 19 degrees btc.

/ Injector pump on my MF 165 #6  
I should mention that you really gotta pay attention to how the governor cover comes off. First the linkage, then the two nuts, then slowly lift the cover. There is a certain way the linkage connects to the internals and it has to go back the same way. Fortunately there was enough wear on mine for me to figure it out. The little side cover is just that, a side cover. Nothing really behind it. Easy seal to replace. Good luck!

/ Injector pump on my MF 165
Thanks for all the help.