Any interest in a mount to put a truck plow on your GC?

/ Any interest in a mount to put a truck plow on your GC? #31  
"The down side of a plow set up is when you get repeated snows with no thawing in between and things start getting piled up along side the drive. You end up with no place for the snow to go and to and its like plowing in a tube. "

Yep. This year we've had a lot of snow, and most driveways are narrowing with huge piles on the edges and even larger piles at the "bottoms" of the driveways & turn-around areas. Years like this I'm glad I bit the bullet when I got my tractor and ordered it with the front-mount snowblower. I have no such piles anywhere, not to mention the fact that I can see any oncoming traffic when I get to the top of my driveway, again, due to a lack of piles. :cool2: A blower might be an expensive alternative, to be sure, but it sure works!:thumbsup:

If I get a chance, I'll post some pics of what it looks like around here; snow piles are pretty impressive at this point.

irvingj

/ Any interest in a mount to put a truck plow on your GC? #32  
DSC05066.JPGDSC05067.JPGDSC05068.JPGSo here you can see what my driveway looks like; edges are about 18" high. Last pic is looking across my lawn area to neighbor's house- notice the huge piles, just visible there beyond the garage. I think it must be 8' tall by now, and very large.

I like my blower!

/ Any interest in a mount to put a truck plow on your GC?
Ok, here's a vid of the plow in action. Sorry for the shaky video but our GC's aren't equipped with dampened GOPro mounts. ;)

/ Any interest in a mount to put a truck plow on your GC? #34  
"The down side of a plow set up is when you get repeated snows with no thawing in between and things start getting piled up along side the drive. You end up with no place for the snow to go and to and its like plowing in a tube. " irvingj

That is where the difference in capability of a frame mounted plow, and a loader mounted plow shows up.

I can almost push snow off the roof of my house. :D

That can come in handy when your wife drives a sub compact, and starts on you about the snow piles being too high to see over them.:confused3: