GC2410 Wont turn over

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #1  

WANNABE1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410
I have a GC2410, I keep a charger on the Battery to be ready to go when I am, Well, I went to start it today and although it appears the Battery is fully charged when I turn the ingintion to start her up It doesn't have the power to turn the Motor over :confused2:
ANy Ideas as to what my issue could be?:confused:

Chris

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #2  
check to make sure everything is in neutral,also check then ground strap by the engine oil filter,mine broke off and created a no start issue,let us know how you make out.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #3  
Is it actually turning and just not fast enough?

If so, I would check grounds and battery connections first, assuming the battery is actually good.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over
Same thing as when you get in you car and turn the ignition and it sounds weak and with in seconds you hear the click click click sound of what I imagine is the Starter. The Battery is fairly new, ( with in a Year of age is my guess ) the original one went bad and was replaced by the Dealer.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over
Tried that and it had a little more turn over power but not enough to get er done, so I brought the battery back to the Dealer and they tested it and said it is no good.....at first they said It was because I over charged it, but I had it on low voltage which they said should have been fine...having said that I have yet to put in the new Battery since I just got back home, will attempt to install it tonight or tomorrow, they also said it could be a pinched wire/wiring harness that could cause as issue...it happened to another customer that has the same model...so they will check it out one of these days. Thanks for you input it is greatly appreciated,I will chime in when I get it hooked up and let you know if it is working or not :)

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #7  
Tried that and it had a little more turn over power but not enough to get er done, so I brought the battery back to the Dealer and they tested it and said it is no good.....at first they said It was because I over charged it, but I had it on low voltage which they said should have been fine...

You mean you had it on low amperage, not low voltage ..right?

A low amperage charger running often, or continuously, may not hurt the battery, but it can. A common problem is you can unwittingly boil much, or all of the water out of it.

If you put in the new battery, and have no further problems, your charging procedure, and or charger, is probably the problem.

If you want to leave a charger on it, make sure it is a "float" charger. Harbor freight makes cheap ones that work okay. Unless it's really cold, like below 25F for a long time, then you really need more power than they have. But you can throw on a bigger charger, if it is only really cold, for short periods of time, where you are.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over
You mean you had it on low amperage, not low voltage ..right?

A low amperage charger running often, or continuously, may not hurt the battery, but it can. A common problem is you can unwittingly boil much, or all of the water out of it.

If you put in the new battery, and have no further problems, your charging procedure, and or charger, is probably the problem.

If you want to leave a charger on it, make sure it is a "float" charger. Harbor freight makes cheap ones that work okay. Unless it's really cold, like below 25F for a long time, then you really need more power than they have. But you can throw on a bigger charger, if it is only really cold, for short periods of time, where you are.

Yes I had it on Low amperage. ( 4 Amps ) I am starting to think or believe like you stated, that my charger may be the culprit. I will check Harbor Freight out for chargers. Thanks.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #9  
My tractor is 4 years old and I never had to charge or change the battery (other than maybe once after sitting outside at -30). 4 amps continuously seems like allot to me. My charger goes down to 2 amps and I wouldn't let it on for more than 24 hours on any battery.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #10  
I've got a 2005 and am still on the original battery. [knock on wood]