Loader Loader on a MF 150?

/ Loader on a MF 150? #1  

crowbar032

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 150, TO-35, John Deere 5065E, Caterpiller 953 track loader, NH LS170 Skid Steer
New guy posting here.

I have a gas 1968 MF 150 that currently has a Freeman fixed bucket loader on it. It is run off of a valve that sits on the top of the transmission. I want to replace this set-up with an actual front end loader. Locally someone has a loader that came off of a 165 MF and (claims to have) all parts necessary to attach to the tractor are included. The seller told me that the loader works off of the internal tractor hydraulics. Does anyone have a setup similar to this? Does it work well enough to move round bales of hay?

/ Loader on a MF 150? #2  
New guy posting here.

I have a gas 1968 MF 150 that currently has a Freeman fixed bucket loader on it. It is run off of a valve that sits on the top of the transmission. I want to replace this set-up with an actual front end loader. Locally someone has a loader that came off of a 165 MF and (claims to have) all parts necessary to attach to the tractor are included. The seller told me that the loader works off of the internal tractor hydraulics. Does anyone have a setup similar to this? Does it work well enough to move round bales of hay?

That's right--the hydraulic pump on the 150 (as on my 1964 MF135 diesel) is internal. My 2008 Mahindra 5525 with a 6-ft wide FEL bucket has an external pump for the hydraulics. The hydraulics flow on the 150 and on the 135 about 4.5 gal/min which means that your FEL will probably seem sluggish.

Hay bales: how heavy are these bales? I know that the front axle on my MF135 is not that strong compared to the 150 so the 135 isn't very suitable for heavy lifting.

I'd check a few websites before buying that FEL

SSB Tractor: Tractor Front End Loaders

Koyker recommends their model 220 FEL for the MF135

Koyker Manufacturing - Loaders

I'd check the specs on this loader to see how they compare to the FEL you're eyeballing.

Good luck

/ Loader on a MF 150? #3  
I have a mf 35 with a freeman loader for sale, installed and operational will sell tractor with loader or loader alone. PM if you are interested Cincinnati Ohio area.

/ Loader on a MF 150?
Hay bales: how heavy are these bales? I know that the front axle on my MF135 is not that strong compared to the 150 so the 135 isn't very suitable for heavy lifting.

These hay bales are about a 4x5, so they aren't the huge bales. My neighbor rolled them up with a Kubota MX5100. The MX5100 is only a 50hp tractor, so the bales couldn't be huge. Also, the loader I'm looking at only has a 4 ft bucket on it. Which is what I want, I'm not a fan of the bucket sticking out past the wheels. Since this older quipment isn't quick attach, it makes it hard to use. Thanks for the imput and the links.