GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #11  
The only thing I added was a Cab, I actually had a friend build it for me, total cost was $950.00, as opposed to the nearly $4K the Sims cab company was asking for! he came and picked up my tractor and did all the metal work then primed & painted it, then he took it over to a guy who does upholstery and he uses a very thick clear Plastic that make up the walls of the cab, all held on by Velcro....it is easy to remove for whatever the reason may be such as summer time use. He also put a big zipper that I use to get in and out of the cab. I know it sounds kind of weird but it does not look bad and it is so nice when it rains or snows and the dreaded bugs all stay out :cool:
Although it isn't that cold in the cab I would still like to add a heater for those cold days. So I think that may be the next add on :thumbsup:
Yes I will post Pics soon!

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #12  
The only thing I added was a Cab, I actually had a friend build it for me, total cost was $950.00, as opposed to the nearly $4K the Sims cab company was asking for! he came and picked up my tractor and did all the metal work then primed & painted it, then he took it over to a guy who does upholstery and he uses a very thick clear Plastic that make up the walls of the cab, all held on by Velcro....it is easy to remove for whatever the reason may be such as summer time use. He also put a big zipper that I use to get in and out of the cab. I know it sounds kind of weird but it does not look bad and it is so nice when it rains or snows and the dreaded bugs all stay out :cool:
Although it isn't that cold in the cab I would still like to add a heater for those cold days. So I think that may be the next add on :thumbsup:
Yes I will post Pics soon!
It's been 27 hours.............where's the pics?

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #13  
It's been 27 hours.............where's the pics?

LOL, Sorry, I am a failry busy guy with two children, 11 & 13 years of age, and I have yet to attempt to try to post pics on here ( IM not the most tech savy guy ) but I shall post this upcoming week ;)

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #14  
LOL, Sorry, I am a failry busy guy with two children, 11 & 13 years of age, and I have yet to attempt to try to post pics on here ( IM not the most tech savy guy ) but I shall post this upcoming week ;)
Put your pics on your computer. Click on 'Post Reply'. Scroll down the page and click on 'manage attachments'. You will see 4 boxes there. Click on the first one,(a new small window will appear) find your picture using the 'browse' button. Click upload. Look at your original 'post reply' window, and you should see that the attachment uploaded.

Then just post your reply to the forum.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #15  
GC 2325 blades. The price of MF blades is crazy. Has anyone tried this combination? Oregon 91-584 with a 02-452 (3/4" X 1") adapter. Blade sp[ecs are: L 20 15/16" Ctr hole 1" W 2.5" and thickness .25". Total price for 3 blades, adapters and shipping is $48.08 (there is a 10% discount) from Lawn Mower Parts .

Except for the Ctr hole it matches the MF 3606888M1 blade.

Oregon blades can be found here: http://oregonchain.com/OEP/pdfs/2010_OregonBladesByLength.pdf

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #16  
Ok If I did this right you should be see the First Pics of my baby :licking:
Thank you Don87 for walking thru the steps!
Good, Bad, Ugly??

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 676
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 664
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 595
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 504
   / GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #18  
Thank you :)

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #19  
no more WannaBe1...... you are one! :thumbsup:

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #20  
Ok If I did this right you should be see the First Pics of my baby :licking:
Thank you Don87 for walking thru the steps!
Good, Bad, Ugly??
I'm here to help, in any way that I can. :)

I love that cab.......total visibility all the way around.

Did you do a 'build thread? outlining everything you did, with measurements, materials, tools? Would be helpful to lot's of GC owners.