GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #21  
I'm here to help, in any way that I can. :)

I love that cab.......total visibility all the way around.

Did you do a 'build thread? outlining everything you did, with measurements, materials, tools? Would be helpful to lot's of GC owners.

Well, your help was and is appreciated
Yes the Visibility is great!
That is a great question to which I sadly must so I did not keep a "build thread" because I didn't even think of that at all, but I am fairly sure that the person who built it for me must have kept his notes or records so I will ask him if he did and I am sure he would let me have them.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #23  
Did you do a 'build thread? outlining everything you did, with measurements, materials, tools? Would be helpful to lot's of GC owners.

^^X2:thumbsup:

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #24  
Ok, I talked to my friend that built my cab and he did not keep any info on the "build" So, some day when I have time I will measure it all and get it together and rebuild a Build Thread!

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #27  
Please post any upgrades or modifications you have done to your GC, which you think other GC owners would be interested in doing.

I will start with 2 I have done.

The first is the addition of a glow plug light for early models that do not have one.

When you energize the glow plugs, the metal strip, (bus bar), that runs between them has +12 Volts dc on it. If you get a 12 volt light, ground one end, and hook the other to the bus bar, you have a glow plug light.

Ideally, you use an instrument lamp that has the right socket to lock in one of the unused holes in the dash. You can get these where they sell aftermarket gauges. Or, even just buy a cheap gauge that comes with one, if they don't sell them separately.

There are also lots of bright led's now you could use. Keep in mind, unlike a light bulb, they do have polarities you need to observe.

If you cannot find a bulb that has the socket to fit securely in one of the empty holes in the dash, use aluminum foil tape to hold the lamp in the hole from the underside. You won't know the difference.

The lamp is not on long enough to get particularly hot, so there is not much need to worry about how well you connect it to the dash.

Just did this mod yesterday to my 2007 GC2310 ,nice little mod .........thx ray66v

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications
Your welcome Chooglin. :thumbsup: I also own a Bolens, mine is an antique (1964). It's retired, except for tilling the garden once every few years.

I hope to get photo's, and post some other GC mods I did, soon.

I continue to encourage others to post theirs.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #29  
Has anyone made a shield to protect the rubber boots on the rack and pinion ( front axle) ?

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #30  
20120726_112231.jpg
Has anyone made a shield to protect rubber boots on the rack and pinion ( front axle) ?

Those are fairly easy to replace, not sure a shield is needed unless you have a specific application that poses a challenge?

Here are a few things I built for mine.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/175890-just-another-thumb-project.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/193825-easy-forks.html

Massey Ferguson GC2410 backhoe dolly - YouTube

Btw, I really like the look of that cab... will probably build one like it :thumbsup: